Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I still get mini panic attacks and feel weird after a weed panic attack. help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Caleb_Nash, Jul 31, 2013.

1. So a few weeks ago I had a really bad panic attack. And to this day I'm still feeling awful from it.. I'm still getting derealization which I hate! and I keep having mini panic attacks that consist of shaking, derealization, hallucinations and I get really depressed. Why is this? could it be an underlying mental condition? I know my family has a history of bipolar but my dad smokes every day and he's fine.. I just really want it to go away :( 

2. this happened to me, but it was because i smoked way too much synthetic weed unknowingly at a party, tripped the fuck out and completely freaked out, it was months before i could smoke again and enjoy it, but i had to conquer my fear by only smoking in a good space with friends, food and music before i could ever handle smoking by myself. just gotta smoke your way through it, remove any paranoia, cause weed isn't bad and any freak out is all in your head

3. I had three bad panic attacks, after that I get mad anxiety when I smoke, been depressed too.

It wasn't weed that caused it, but just brought out underlying issues. Getting high just isn't the same anymore, I'm not even the same sober as I used to be. I quit smoking and I hope I one day go back to my old happy self.

4. I had the same mate but I first got anxiety attacks when I wasn't smoking weed, I had real problems with it for a good month or so until i got used to and learnt about panic attacks, for at least 6 months I was always on edge and not myself, I think I'm back to normal now but maybe I've just got used to the edgy me and that is myself now, either way I feel fine and get on with life like anyone else, the anxiety issues will fade, its not down to the weed its down to not knowing how to control a panic attack and stop it before it comes on, which you will learn after you've had a few more attacks, although if you don't get any more that's even better!

5. You're fine man. Don't worry about it and try not to think so much. Are you overthinking lately? What's been on your mind?