I started my plants April 12 when do you think they will start flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kassssidyy420, Jul 27, 2016.

1. I live in California. This is my first time growing so I'm just not sure how long it takes. They are sativas. When do you guys think it will start budding and when do you think it will ready to harvest?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Show us some pics and we can help! Lots of California plants are flowering right now. I have a sativa in flower as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Just as soon as the hours of daylight get down low enough to throw it into flower. Don't have any outside this year, so I'm not sure exactly where they are in the season at this point. But the summer solstice was June 22 and daylight hours start to shorten after that point. It shouldn't be too long now. I'll give you a suggestion about flowering your plant too. When they go into flower and begin to get heavy with resin, they become a serious attractant to bugs and other pests that like to have them for lunch. So be proactive as far as that goes. We have tons of caterpillars where I live and Seven Dust works great for those. You can gently rinse it off when you harvest your plant and it's fine. Neem oil is also something growers use a lot for various bugs. It's an organic treatment that you spray on the plants, but it's photosensitive and you need to always spray at dusk rather than before a day of sun. Don't touch one plant and then go touch another during heavy flowering because it's super easy to transfer one problem to another doing that. Also, you're going to need to think about the support of that plant. When it starts to bud and get heavy with resin, the limbs can get heavy and break off if they have nothing to help hold them up. We always put our support in when we put them into flower so we don't have to mess around with the plant to try and put something in place after it's already put on buds. The tomato cages work well as long as you get one large enough. Pictures are always a good idea when you have questions about a plant. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Kassssidyy420
    Mid Aug most strains start to flower hard but a big nearly pure sativa may not finish till Christmas.. My pair of White Widows still hadn't shown any amber by then and I called it and pulled them..
    BNW