Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I smoke too much....help!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Benny420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Don't be an ass, it's true- years of daily smoking since highschool have definitely increased my tolerance to about a gram. I'm not saying it takes a gram for me to feel anything, but It does take a G to acheive the level of high I want. I would say that my weed is fairly dank- not as dank as it gets though.

2. I don't usually resort to ad hominem attacks, but you, child, are a fucking idiot.

3. yea thats bs gram 2 get high rofl @ that all i needed was 5 -8 hits ill be baked n thats not a gram of good shit u must have nasty schwag n that shouldnt be a lot of money and u cant be addicted 2 bud man thats bs

4. It's simple. A lot have already stated this and it's true. No wake and bake. If it's decent pot, try 5-6 hits then wait a few minutes for it to take effect. Don't smoke the whole bowl just out of habit. I've been smoking daily for about 20 years now. Every now and then I will take a few week break but that's not even needed. At the most, a few days will make a great difference. Even just waiting till the evening makes a difference. If you can't stop for a few days then you just may have a mental addiction that you should want to get under control, especially if it's having a negative effect on your life.

5. I am the same way but I have self control I do my schoolwork first then workout or go golfing and then smoke.

6. In order to avoid this I always just pack snaps if I'm smoking by myself. Limiting myself to one hit per session always works out pretty well and then i go and do work. Self control man....

7. that sucks that you cant get your work done. i used to have the same problem with weed, it was really taking a toll on school, work, etc. anyways what worked for me was forcing myself mentally (weed is a mental addiction, not physical) to only smoke on weekends. it saved money and allowed my mind to be clear during the week. DONT LET WEED CONTROL YOU, YOU CONTROL IT.

8. Self control FTW

9. Go cold turkey. Join a dojo, and get obsessed with martial arts.

If you have truly become so obsessed with smoking that you find it almost impossible to stop, then it may be time for a 12 step group. No shame in it if you need it. And if smoking has become more important than family, responsibilities, school/work, you may need it.

10. control yourself. be strong don't be weak... its just a plant. not hard to do without. willpower.

11. we get posts like this way to much on this forum. Just focus your mind on something other than weed people. You have school so work really hard in your classes and you wont be thinking about pot. I smoked over 1 oz in 5 days every week for 3 mths last summer. I would wake up high and smoke a blunt then smoke at least 4 more that day. I stopped for 44 days uptill last friday. It was a breeze, I broke down but I also had the power to stop for 44 days.

Really no matter how much you burn you can easily stop.

12. #32 dosboot, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    It's not so easy for everyone. We know that weed isn't physically addictive. But it's obsession--the psychological part of addiction--that is the most difficult part of addiction to overcome.

I smoked tobacco for 14 years. Tried several times over those years to quit, but the psychological pull of the habit kept me coming back. Telling me to be strong, or exercise self control was useless, because it was a psychological problem, not an intellectual one. Detoxing from nicotine ain't shit. When I quit, I quit cold turkey, with no gum and no patches. It's the mental part that keeps people hooked. The obsession. That's the killer. It's the same with alcohol (I've been there, too.)

There is no shame in going to a 12 step group if it is necessary. It is shameful only if you avoid going if you know that you need it in order to sort out your life. Only you know if you do or if you don't.

Good luck to you.

13. apparently marijuana>your willpower.

just take it easy on the bud man, I'll make a suggestion that perhaps is not the healthiest choice but smoke a cigarette after you blaze. I personally feel it enhances my high and levels me out after a good blaze, but many would prob oppose that opinion.

14. buy fallout 3. that game will suck your life away and before you know it youll havent smoked in a few days. haha

15. haha not trying to be an ass. and what i said is true too. i would take at least a 1 month break. ive been smoking everyday since i was a sophmore in highschool and my tolerance is really bad too. i would say a gram is a descent high, lasts a few hours.

16. Only smoke when u are about to do an activity u enjoy sober. For example with friends I like to go discgolfing or go my high school hockey games and smoe before. Limit yourself to smoking only for these events. There is no reason to get just to get high. The road u are describing sounds like Pothead status especially if u go thorugh a gram just to get high.

17. yes try to be like I'm gonna get really high and do my math homework. Then actually do it lol.:smoke: weed isnt the problem dude. peace

18. Smoke weed everyday

19. theres no such thing as smoking too much weed. instead of thinking of how to stop, think of ways to fatten your wallet.

20. another way u get higher

just switch up the strands u get...if u smoke a lot of sativa, your body will grow tolerance towards it.....same with indica....all i smoke is kush, and the days my hook has some dank chronic or some hybrids, i get fucking baked.

also, switch up the way u smoke.....try different methods like blunts, joints, bubblers, spoons, bongs.....your high wont last as long if you keep smoking the same way...

damn you dont know how bad i want my t break to end....talking about this shit is getting me too excited.....how i miss my OG :(