I See Myself Becoming An Alcoholic :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HighHyde420, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Fellow blades and bladies i need your help. Long story short i just got back from a vacation in barcelona,spain. I did my last year of highschool and some college there. When i went back to see how my friends are doing, theyre almost all alcoholics. I stayed at my friends pad and we polished off a bottle of wine with every meal for a month. I know its more of a cultural thing over there, but now that im back im california im starting to buy wine every day and crave it a lot. What can i do? I love alcohol but i know its a horrible drug and now i crave it everyday. I used to just smoke weed everyday and drink on ocassion ( 6 times a year) and now i get cross faded every day :/

Sent from Eric Forman's basement, Point Place Wisconsin

2. #2 we trippy, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Sadly I'm an alcoholic myself. Ever since I turned 21 I've dranken almost everyday. Its gotten worse and worse over time. I started craving it everyday just like you. Now I drink heavily every single day and cant stop. Its been a year since then. Its caused so many problems in my life, once I start drinking I can't stop. I just love alcohol too much.

Try to minimize your drinking or it'll get worse, like the situation I'm in. Fuck alcohol try to stick with the herb if you can. Being an alcoholic sucks for real. Hopefully I'll stop soon. try to drink every other day instead of everyday. Making it a habit just makes it harder to quit in my opinion. My advice Don't choose the road i did. I get terrible withdrawals if i stop drinking completely. Which makes it even harder to quit. The struggle is real. Good luck op

3. that sucks man, i drink like you used it, but less. i havnt been been drunk in like 2 years but i drink a few beers at partys to be socially accepted. people think your weird if you straight dont drink at all. so i sip on one in the backroom where are the smokers are. 

4. that sucks

break the cycle, before something bad happens

5. #5 Superjoint, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    as it sucks and it is real, the only (and yes it's the only ) solution is to stop drinking.... quit, you'll feel shit for weeks ,but in the end you'll live, and otherwise you will slowly go to pieces.

SJ

PS fuck what other people think, if it is socially unacceptable not to drink on parties, who's live is it? Theirs or yours, really don't give a shit waht other people think of you when you don't drink. Do what you need to do and stop drinknig for a year and see waht a difference it makes, their is no soft route here. Suck it up and deal with it.

6. #6 SuperToker64, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Listen man, If you still have any alcohol in your house throw all that shit out. If your body starts craving it you should just go outside and take a walk, smoke some bowls before the walk too. You can also look at yourself in the mirror and imagine yourself being a good for nothing alcoholic which most people turn out to be. Try to do whatever you can in your power to not become an alchoholic because imagine in the future when your kids and wife and relatives have to worry about you dying because your liver is all fucked up and you still keep drinking cause your addicted. Do you really want to leave everyone you love at ab early age just because of a stupid drink? Think of it that way. Anyways good luck escaping that devil drink's wrath.

Ps: If you cant sleep at night because of alcohol depravation, smoke a bowl or 2 and fall asleep. And if for some reason you still cant sleep and you start to believe you have insomnia just really think about it, at the end insomnia is just truly a phobia of not being able to fall asleep because you think too much into falling asleep. Btw, talk to relatives or friends to see if they had any past experience on sobering up themselves or someone else. You should keep this problem to yourself, talk to people. Sorry for the wall of text, just tryna help you from screwing up your body and life. Like i said earlier, good luck man.

7. dont be around it at all until you develop the willpower to be around it and not drink it, and then cultivate that for quite awhile. when you feel like you may be able to handle casual drinking again, slowly test the waters.

8. Sell anything you have of value and burn the rest. Then drive off to las vegas and meet a hooker named sera.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. The fact that you are posting this is amazing dude. I know you can do it. Just take it one day at a time.

10. You just have to say "I DON'T NEED ALCOHOL" and stop.  But the more you keep going then the more your body becomes dependent on it.  EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!

11. You can check yourself into a rehab and attend alcoholics anonymous meetings.

12. Is drinking negatively affecting your life? I have gone through several binge periods and some were unhealthy because I wasn't working and I basicaslly just drank all night and slept all day. Not good. Other times I've had a job, done that job well, been on top of my commitments and responsibilities and then would go out and get drunk 3-4 nights a week. I'd still go to the gym, eat healthy and was happy so I didn't worry about it. So how is it affecting your life?
    If you feel like you need to slow down but are unable to then you either need to distance yourself from your friends or stop drinking entirely for awhile. Or both. Get treatment if you can't do it alone. No shame in that.

13. It's pretty simple:  You were not addicted to alcohol and therefore not an alcoholic.  This guy needs help and feels himself becoming an alchy.

14. I'm leaving las vegaaaaassss yeah..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Go to AA dude, and good luck. You'll have to quit eventually, and better before it starts ruining everytthing good in your life.

Ween yourself off

Drink half the amount you drank before everyday until theres nothing left in your glass

dude, stop drinking just for today, and tell yourself that tomorrow.

I was drinking a couple fifths of vodka a day and was killing myself.

It is a matter of life or death, stop drinking.

18. #19 Bill Dauterive, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Yeah dont be end up being the guy who drank 3 pints of vodka a day.

For those whose dont how much that is, thats like 3 tall boys of pure achohol.

Also notice how I said DRANK.

19. It's harder to over come the mental side of addiction rather than the physical, well for me that is.

I still struggle man. With my cabinet addiction... Sorry if saying that's against the rules mods.

But it's hard op. So hard. Do it for yourself. Just smoke weed and drink tons of juices and waters.
    I don't have much advice, but the little I do I will share.

1. Just tell yourself no.
    2. Don't let your mind rationalize your addiction ie I can have a bottle tonight but not tomorrow. This never works, then you get upset with yourself and abuse the substance that gives you problems more.
    3. People say learn your triggers and stay away from them. In my expirence this is totally impossible. You just have to be logical and realize alcohol is everywhere and always will be. TV, public, ads, music, peoples "cool stories"
    4. Deal with triggers head on. If you don't give in. You win. Be logical.
    5. Everything is going to remind you of your favorite substance. You have to re wire your brain and thought patterns.
    6.realize the substance isn't for you.
    7. Be happy. That you won't give in. There's tons of things to replace alcohol or any substance with. A bitch. Sex. Writing. Cigarettes. Some sweets to satisfy your sweet tooth.

If you ever need anyone to talk to. Shoot me a pm. I been through it all man. Not with alcohol, though. But other bad substances.
    I'm here to help. Be healthy fellow blade!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum