I see a taproot!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chris24300, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Hi all,

So I start germinating 2 nights ago... just checked and one seed has a taproot!! It was spur of the moment thing and now that I have a taproot I'm purchasing all the equipment I planned. I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to get my soil fix. Any suggestions? I'm going to look for NPK of 20-10-10 anyways but if anyone has a fix that has worked great for them I'd love to hear it.

I'll be starting my indoor grow journal in the next few days.. first time grower.

Chris

2. If you have a local hydroponic store, i would go there and get some foxfarm ocean forest soil, works great for everyone. Also do you have your light setup down? You will want at least 150 watts for those 2 plants to start off with, of 6500K light.

3. Ok, first of all I agree with the fox farms suggestion, get some good soil, most soil with just screw things up down the line so its better to do it right.

second , you one need 150w of cfls for two seeds. you could get away with 2 42w cfls for at least a few weeks before you needed to upgrade.

4. Thanks for the responses! I checked this morning and I have 6 taproots. I don't have a hydro store around but I'm going to check a florist and lowes for everything. I order a 400w HPS for when the plants mature. I'm going to be getting a few 6500K bulbs or 5500K for my veg cab.