I rode my bike into a tree stump that I didn't see this afternoon....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by sandaclaus, May 17, 2012.

1. I decided to stop by the basktetball courts to see if anyone was there...I was coming the back way, and saw five guys that I knew on the court, and got excited that I was about to play...There is about a 30 foot patch of grass between the walk way and the raquetball courts to get to the bball court.

So, I am excited and am announcing my presence screaming " I've got next...I've got next!!" All the sudden, I look down and think "is that a..." Bam...I tumble over the handle bars, and my bike flips in the air...I landed very awkardly, but kind of knew right away I wasn't hurt. The guys on the bball court are in shock, because they all just saw me. The guys on the raquetball court, who also turned around when they heard me screaming, also had a good laugh at my expense...

I am going to write a letter to the town and ask them to remove the tree stump, or I will do it myself next week...

2. I've had quite a few radical tumbles when I was younger. Once I was riding around the hood with some friends and somehow our bikes got interlocked while speeding down this hill and there was a trailer parked on the side of the road. My god, we slammed into it. It was brutal.
    Another time I was riding and I was looking back talking to my mother and there was this sign with a wide enough gap to ride though but short enough to hit you in the chest. I turned to see what was about to happen, ducked, and smacked my head into it. Didn't fall off though.
    I'm sure there was plenty of others but those are the ones I remember.

3. City Park that allows bikes on the grass and you got hurt... KA-CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Call a lawyer if this is so!!!

...although, if the city doesn't allow bikes on the grass...they could fine you. For fucking up the stump!:eek:
    (yep, a typical city staff does stupid shit like that...spiteful asses:eek:)

4. I just sent them an email telling them this story, and asking them to remove the tree stump. or I will. When I first started playing at this park, I sent them a few suggestions to clean up the area, including a water fountain ( so many plastic bottles laying around)

I also told them not to worry...I was still able to dominate on the basketball court...

Wow...I never even thought about suing...LOL!!! Damn, I think I ruined my chance.

5. Damn man, glad you weren't seriously injured. Get that stump outta there!

6. I worked all day, got home and there was a message from the Parks department...I tried calling back, didn't leave a message..I went up to the courts, and found the tree stump still there...Pissed me off.

I went home, and left a message, explaining how I will be at work tomorrow, and might not be around for a phone call. However, though I would love to speak to them about the incident, they could remove the tree stump in the time being...If it was a kid that did it and broke his arm, the stump would have been removed, along with a nice check to the kid...

I also added that though I don't mind removing the tree stump myself ( I love digging out stumps...its kind of my thing) please don't let me do it...I have better things to do with my time then the Parks Department's job...

HA HA HA...

7. "remove that tree stump, or i will"

...hmm lets see here, pay to get it removed. OR let the person who complained about it remove it himself.

Not trying to be a dick. I got mad respect for you sandaclaus.

8. It is a City Dept., it will take weeks to process the work order, if they are going to do it.

If you try to do it, you may damage an irrigation or water/electric line. Plant a surveyor's flag by it to warn others/mark the location. :smoke:

9. Don't sue. The reason so many city parks look as badly as they do is for lack of money. The reason so many children grow up to be little shits is because they didn't have a proper place to play when they were children.

10. Glad you are A OK, Santa
    Cant' youjust use some Christmas Magic and wiggle your nose and make that stump fly?

11. Sue? Hell No!! I don't believe in it...Besides, that would mean I have to deal with lawyers, and I hate them just about as much as I hate any group...

At the courts, there are a lot of plastic bottles people throw out...Why? Because there is no water fountain...I was playing in this park for about two weeks, and decided changes needed to be made. The first they fixed right away ( there was a pole hanging from one of the backboards that could have been dangerous)...

The courts are in such bad shape, I had asked them to redo them so nobody gets hurt. The quality of play on the court is great, and is fucking enjoyable. Shit, I went so far as to contact different companies that help lay down eco-friendly surfaces and got some estimates...Nobody wanted to listen to me. They told me the courts were about to be repaved ( this was at the beginning of April) and that a water fountain was in the works...Great, just give us an update please.

Here is the biggest problem with what just happened, although I am sure it will cause many of you to groan: If I did get seriously hurt, I believe it would be easier to get the Santa Movement started...It was this belief that I originally started posting on GC to get all this Santa shit in public record...I used to live in fear of being a martyr, and wanted no part of that...If I would have gotten hurt, it might have forced the town to listen to me, and that makes me uncomfortable...i just want to get this done, and move on with my life...

lets see if that Tree stump is removed tomorrow...I have a good feeling it will be.

12. Who's fault is it that you weren't paying attention?
    C'mon man, get real.

13. The town will cave Im sure The squeeky wheel gets the oil

14. What township is it?

15. #15 STIGGY, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    They always cave if enough heat is added.

16. #16 stevooo123, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    Reminds me of this kid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JpoCXfNA4&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL24EEE6717CE1B65D]Very Painful Bike Faceplant Off Truck Bed - YouTube[/ame]

Then this video i can picture you screaming "I've got next."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSVP1BONArI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSVP1BONArI&feature=related[/ame]

17. How about This one
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_65HljO3w&feature=related]tree stump jump - YouTube[/ame]

18. Just a few hours ago I was on a ride a road bike with my dad and uncle and we were going about 20 when a car pulled into its driveway right inrfont of us. I was drafting my dad and he slammed on the brakes and just scraped the car, I ran into they side of him, falling over and doing one of those try to keep yourself up runs before doing a tuck and roll. The lady got out kept saying sorry, doesn't happen everyday

19. HA HA HA...Its a grassy area in a park...I should not have to pay attention for objects sticking out of the ground.

20. Its Nassau County...They have done a good job showing my kind is not welcomed here...Its part of the reason I am on GC...As far as pressure is concerned...I could give a rats ass about the Town's money...its the resources I care about.