Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I really hope this isn't a stupid question...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NectarNatural, Aug 31, 2010.

1. I just started smoking 2 months ago...Ok so I've been thinking about this lately. What if you go to the Dr or a hospital and you get the standard questions. How much do you drink? Do you smoke? Are you supposed to say no? Can you get in trouble for saying yes? What if it's important for the dr to know that...is there some kind of confidentiality issue here? Thanks in advance.

2. afaik, you're totally safe telling them that you smoke weed. in fact, in the UK at least if a cop asks you then you can tell them and there'll be no problems. however they may search you, but if you don't have anything on you but are stoned off your tits you could say you just smoked and nothing would happen.

being stoned isnt against the law. :smoke:

3. Nothing will happen except they might say it's bad for you. Personally I've told 3 doctors and none of them said anything. Didn't even comment about it.

4. ^this

First poster I mean.

5. thanks this really helped. i appreciate all of the info!

6. Your doctor can't help you unless you're honest with him or her. Privacy laws protect whatever you tell them as long as you're over 18.

7. The last time i was at the emergency room, the doctor asked "Do you smoke?".
    I said, "smoke what?"
    The doctor was laughing, he said he never heard that one before.

8. Yeah, hell I know several doctors who smoke cannabis.

9. I had problems with my psych-doctor. well just because mixing bipolar with weed may not be a good idea...

He just gives me a hard time about it. Nothing major

10. uh, yes it is...

11. where i'm from, you can't get arrested or charged for being high.