Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i really dont understand how people get paranoid.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by smokers, Nov 23, 2012.

1. #1 smokers, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    I really really don't understand how or why people get paranoid. I have smoked for like 4 years and have never ever gotten paranoid. I have seen friends of mine go bzerk because they 'thought' they heard a noise.. I'm like nah bro, no ones there but they are sooo convinced someone is there/coming. I just really don't understand paranoid people at all. I also don't understand bad trips on weed... because I have been in some seriously sketchy situations with a lot of bud in my system and I never got sick or dizzy. I think I'm just a emotionally and mentally stable person.. does anyone feel this way also?

Edit:: also, I once had this super super paranoid dealer.... one time I had him meet me at the front of my neighborhood and he got like really really angry that I brought my friend along... wtf? I never picked up from him again.

2. Yea I used to be paranoid but only because it was so new to me. I seshed with my friends back in junior year in a park and the entire time I was freaking out about the neighborhood watch busting our asses. Eventually I got used to it and I even go to work high sometimes.

3. Thats almost unheard of. Even after 6 years of toking, I still have moments where I sketch out over things. Usually over cops. I have like a sixth sense, where I can tell when a cop is within like a 400 foot radius of me haha. I guess you're just lucky though.

4. I'm a super paranoid person. This is because I've smoked outside ONE time and that one time I had to run from the police. As for your dealer being mad about your friend, that's because it's hard to trust anyone these days. So many rats around.

5. [quote name='"JuckleJack"']

I'm a super paranoid person. This is because I've smoked outside ONE time and that one time I had to run from the police. As for your dealer being mad about your friend, that's because it's hard to trust anyone these days. So many rats around.[/quote]

Haha wow that sucks dude! Where did you smoke? I got arrested last year on Friday the 13th,,, superstitious shit mayne.

6. I was smoking around a closed down factory at about 2 am in the morning on a normal day. That really sucks to get arrested on that day, it would probably make a believer out of me.

7. I used to be paranoid about getting caught but now its just fuck it.

8. There was a time where I used to be extremely parinoid but I thought it through and realised there's no damn point. Now I never am and never will be! Parinoia is terrible if you have it though.

9. I get paranoid on stuff like, is Mum and Dad going to be to smell the smoke from the bathroom? or shit like cops lurking.

10. I used to be paranoid until I just got caught a few times and ended up being allowed to smoke.

11. Because it makes people think about stuff a lot more. I got pretty paranoid when I started because I would always think about those little "sounds" or if i'm smoking near a window I would think someone's watching me. Now I just smoke on my balcony. I'm pretty sure it being illegal has a lot to do with it.

12. People get paranoid when they smoke it because they know they're not really suppose to. I was smoking with my friend outside and she started flippin' because of the car sounds. She was convinced they were a bunch of cops looking for us because they thought we were sending smoke signals. I wanted to slap the bitch after telling her "chill it's just the weed, we are fine!" about 100 times.

But she's cool with it now haha so you learn to mellow out

13. I don't have to worry....

14. paranoia is a result of bud being illegal, paranoid stoners are just paranoid of getting caught by either their parents /family or the police most of the time....

15. Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, please don't rage.

But do you have to be a paid member to post new threads?
    If anyone could give me details it would be greatly appreciated.

16. Ive smoked weed for almost ten years once you understand its all in your head the paranoia will stop or at least it did for me 9 years ago.

17. weed doesn't let anything sit in the back of your mind. it brings everything out at once and forces you to think on it. some people have things they spend all their time avoiding. when they smoke they can't help but think of it and it can cause people to freak out

18. weed normally makes you paranoid about shit when you start getting used to the effects. you tend to overthink things. however, sometimes people really need to fucking relax and they'd prefer to never be sober again

19. I dont get paranoid, but if im smoking with friends in my house ill go check my garage every like 20 min in case my parents came home hahaha

20. I use to get paranoid but I stopped smoking in public places and doing burn drives. I stick to smoking in people's houses or backyards. Way more relaxed and 10x safer. It's made me miss out on a few smoke sessions but I rather be able to toke up and enjoy it. Then be high and paranoid as fuck.