Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Really Don't Know Who To Trust At This Point...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by vid00d2, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ...about smoking pot.

I was hospitalized about a month ago for psychiatric problems, was prescribed Seroquel and Abilify along with my regular anti-depressant, and the doctors there said if I smoked any pot at all that I would lose my mind and end up back in the hospital. I smoked everyday and only took DXM once, and rarely used alcohol. (I can count on both my hands the number of times I've gotten drunk in my life.)

So I take one hit of high-grade shit this Friday and lo and behold nothing happened (besides getting stoned). I was able to function on the outside world the next day with the only effect being that my friends thought I was slightly spaced out.

Frankly, I feel a bit lied to. I'm fairly certain that if I went back to smoking everyday that bad things would happen, but now the abstinence recommendation I received in the hospital seems askew.

2. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think pot reacts like that with any kind of med. I think the doctor is trying to scare you, or has been misinformed himself. On the other hand, he could have had it happen before.

3. bumpbump

4. You may want to research those meds a bit on your own but I have never heard of mj having that reaction. There was research published during the "reefer madness" era that showed people who were predisposed to mental issues would develop them from using canabis but that research has all been proven wrong since.

5. Everyday. infact if i don't smoke i def noitice how more it sucks.

6. Are you serious, you should seriously give him shit. Thats rediculous. Unless your liek 12 and your mom asked him to say that.

7. LOL. Should I visit the hospital and give him a piece of my mind?

8. Nah, that won't help anything.

Maybe you can call the manufacturer of the medications and ask if it's ok to combine them with pot, or maybe ask the pharmacy that sold them to you.

9. no, you should get a second opinion.

10. yer dont ask us, go get proffesional advice.

if it was me i wouldnt have even taken the anti-dee's regardless i just dont trust that shit. if u dont mind what psych problems where u having?

NOTE: anti-depressants and psych meds both have stronger links to mental illness than herb

11. Yah, Anti-depressants fuck you up more than help you, atleast in my opinion. I was never the one taking them though.

12. I know somebody who is in the same situation as you and smoked a lot and he seemed just fine. He didn't say any thing was ever up but I don't know whats going on in his head.

13. you got the answer yourself man! you said if you went back to smokin everyday that bad things would happen.................... so dont smoke everyday!!!!!!!!

if you have enough introspection to know that much, then you know what will work for you, or at least what wont work.

14. dude... in my drug history... ive done weed. salvia. booze.cigs.. and then about 50 different pillz... i was hospitalized twice.. and in treatment for a yr and a half.... dude smoking weeed + other drugs... ur fine man.... the only thing is... the effects of the drugs will b diff

15. And he has smoked a jizz wrapped joint. So you know he knows his shit!

16. Seroquel is a fucking crazy sedative. I knew a kid who was prescribed them, I took a yellow one I think it was, but it was the stronger of the 2 doses ( he took one when he woke up, and a different kind, stronger, when going to sleep)

ANyway I took it lets say midnight to make it easy

I was asleep by like 12:30

I slept until around 8 PM the next day.

Shit was insane, I laid on my couch the entire next day passing in and out of comfy rest. My friend said when he first started taking it he was passing out in school and shit from it lol. Maybe thats why he was saying not to smoke pot, it might intensify the drugs.

Marijuana does make certain drugs feel or react differently. Just look at shrooms, smoke some high grade bud while on shrooms, it feels borderline orgasmic.

Edit :

Oh yeah, anyway the most important thing. The kid I knew who took seroquel twice a day smokes weed without any problems, on a pretty regular basis (2-5 times a week)

17. I dont even want to think how long my list would be lol, you scared me with that thought.

18. mann its 4:31AM.... i cant sleep... no weed nothing to put me out..... what shood i do

19. Been taking anti-depressants for 4 months now, been smoking pot everyday since then.
    And guess what? I'm not physco ^_^
    If anything the antidepressants helped me to enjoy my MJ better than before.
    I'd do some research yourself, or get a second opinion.
    I researched a bit on it, and from what i've found marijuana does not interact with antidepressants..

20. I'm not quite sure why, but everytime I see your Avvy' I crack a smile :)