I raised 2 hornworm moths,,,,,what to do with them?????

Discussion in 'General' started by chicken, Aug 8, 2011.

1. THE HORNWORM CATERPILLAR WAS ALL OVER MY TOBACCOO PLANTS { I GOT 100+PLANTS}

I PLUCKED A FEW {10} AND PUT THEM IN A EMPTY FISH AQUARIUM,,,AND SOME DIRT,,,STICKS,,,MOSS,,, E.T.C. I MADE IT A NICE TANK,,,,,FED THEM BACCY LEAVES AND ROTTED TOMATOES,,,,

i was planning on fatting them up and using them for fish bait,,,,

heres what they look like,,, and they get big 4 inches long...

....[​IMG]

....most were dying,,, so i just kept feeding the ones i had left..

2 days ago i look in the aquarium and i have a '' HORNWORM MOTH'' in there,,,,

and this morning when i came home { working the night shift }....

i was going to feed my one moth,,, and i have 2 in there now,,,,,

i cant let them loose in my yard,,,, they will spawn eggs on my baccy plants,,,,

WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST I DO WITH THESE 2 MOTHS,,,

...[​IMG]

....[​IMG]:cool:

2. YOU RAISED THOSE DAMN MAN. lets them go free :) and be animals. in the wild or something

3. Grab a frying pan "wachaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww" *SLAP* (Bruce Lee style of course)

or

Grab an empty pokeball and train them up to take on the mighty Charzard.... or whatever the devil you kids do these days...

4. #4 duhganjaplanta, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    those are pretty cool. you could put them in a jar with some nail polish remover, or any vaporous poison and then display them in a box. or they would be good bass bait cause they just float on the top of the water. or if you want to be nice release them back into the wild. but you should get them really stoned whatever you do.

cool bugs/animals deserve to live

those eyes on the worm stage of the moth are pretty trippy

5. i have some of those all over my tomatoes and trumpet flower plants

they get HUGGGEE as fuck man
    let them bitches go dude, dont hold em back.

6. :wave: I'd go feed them to something that eats them, you don't want them back near your crop :smoke:

7. i gotta get rid of them,,,,

the risk of them finding thier way back to my baccy patch,,, is one i dont want to take,,,,

....i go over the river on my way to work,,,,,

i'll let them float in the suwannee river,,,,{ they wont last very long}:(

8. #8 testicle, Aug 8, 2011
    i can only assume you have no shame in killing them off if you intended to use them as bait :p you can, if making money and satisfying a nerd sounds appealing, kill and sell them to a collector.

EDIT: i just realized they were around tobacco plants :laughing: nevermind previous advice... kill em

9. #9 duhganjaplanta, Aug 8, 2011
    your just gonna throw them in the river? might as well catch a fish with them. and is it a wacky tabbacy crop?

edit:^^collectors would probably pay a fine dime for a specimen in good condition, but i dont think they are very rare. most likely very common.

10. You will be feeding something :)

Have you thought about trainning them and having a moth circus? :smoke:

11. nah,,, it's real tabaccoo.....the worms aint intrested in my weed,,,

....[​IMG]
    By chickenhawk435 at 2011-07-24

.....you can see the whole grow -------> here,,,,http://forum.grasscity.com/gardenin...arden-fully-photographed-10.html#post11522723

12. No dont kill them!!! Thats horrible. Lol. Please just let them go and kill them if you HAVE to (like if they come back)

13. #13 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬, Aug 8, 2011
    Them some fine tobacco plants you got, and the pics are extremely good quality,

; i'd kill them , show the bodies to the others,and maybe theyll learn their lesson next time, about messin with your Tobacco plants or use them for fishin bait

14. that second moth with the red is pretty rad man, dont kill them lol. put them in a jar take them to work, when youre at a stop sign or red light near a wooded area just let em go.

15. I would at least feed them to something, at least that's productive in some way. You raised 'em, let them have some purpose.

16. My friends and I were talking about how trippy it is that caterpillars just completely change form, they look nothing like they originally do, and their entire thought process changes. They go from crawling and eating leaves to flying around on flowers lol. It's ridiculous