I quit smoking weed and now I can't sleep

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by craigd89, Mar 1, 2011.

1. I've decided im going to quit smoking weed for maybe a year or two(although I won't turn down the occasional dank ass weed if its offered) mainly because when I get high I eat until im sick and I have absolutely no self control when im high when it comes to food.. I gained like 60 pounds haha..and I procrastinate wayyyyy too much because I smoke...anyways...Now I have insomnia and I refuse to take medicine...name some good effective natural remedies...besides pot of course

2. same thing happens to me every time i take a t-break

1. stop eating 12 hours before the time you want to wake up (for a few days) and eat as soon as you wake up it will reset your internal food clock (sounds stupid but it works)
    2. workout that will help with the weight and make you tired
    3. melatonin yes its a pill but it helps and is non addictive (shouldn't need a prescription)
    good luck:cool:

3. 1. Listening to music at a low volume helps me go to sleep. Sometimes i'll even listen to a podcast. Maybe it's just me, but it helps.

2. Working out is a good one too. It has to be a good workout though. I punch the shit out of my bag until i'm exhausted, shower, and usually fall right to sleep.

3. Jerk off. Seriously.

4. [​IMG]
    :cool:

5. I don't buy the "non-addictive" in all cases with melatonin. I generally stay away sleeping aids besides cannabis for this reason...and even that I try not to be dependent on.

Melatonin is made inside our bodies, if we feed it a synthetic version our body runs the risk of just chilling around and not producing as much since we already have enough in our bodies. When you go off of melatonin, your body may respond by not creating as much melatonin in a catch up period. I've heard lots of stories of people being dependent on it for a while after coming off.

6. Same here no cigs also so fucking hungry. It was a conscious decision(t break) just couldn't get for a while

7. gym, jerking off, and anything that will make you physically tired will help.

honestly after a few days tho you should be fine. It's not like your "withdrawing" or anything....

get ready for some crazy vivid dreams!

8. why not hit the gym daily, lose that 60 pounds in 2-3 months, and still smoke weed everyday? weed helps you sleep ive herd.

9. Because marijuana makes me lazy and unmotivated.. I have to say I'm jealous of some of my friends who smoke and are very productive stoners... I'm a very lazy stoner.

10. Marijuana does not make you lazy and unmotivated.

You make yourself lazy and unmotivated....

Why not just smoke at night so you're not lazy during the day?

11. If you feel lazy and unproductive:

1. Decide what you are going/need to do before you smoke.. and then stand up while smoking, smoke fast (bong rips are good) and start your activity ASAP. Music usually helps me be satisfied with pot and anything like doing dishes or whatever.

2. get some pure sativa

12. NaKz has the right idea. Try just smoking at night and tell yourself before you get high that you will NOT munch haha. Whenever i get the munchies i brush my teeth and it always kills that.

13. Number three is great advice. I usually have no problems getting to sleep with my job and exercising regularly, but I'll often rub one out just to get to sleep quicker. lol.

14. i quit, its easy if you have some sort of help/guidelines

15. As we all know, cigarette smoking is not the healthiest option of a lifestyle however regardless of the matter a smoker should be respected for the choices they make. This now in, the electronic cigarette provides a healthier and safer way to smoke without the need to consume excessive amounts of smoke which is bad for the lungs. When smoking an e-cigarette, there is no actual smoke being produced as the liquid within the e-cigarette is vaporized. This means a solution to the concern of second hand smoking. This allows for a better experience to smoke around the non-smokers in your family without the need of being anti-social!

16. Eating an orange peel helps with sleep. I've tried it myself and it seems to work. Plus orange peels is high in antioxidants, lowers cholesterol levels, and is high in vitamin C.

Orange Peel for Sleep

17. It'll only help with sleep if you have indigestion and stomach upset while trying to sleep....I wouldn't call that a sleep aid, that's a major stretch.

That's like calling enzymes sleep aids because they help with the same problems lol.

18. bravo sir/ma'am
    fuck all the man made chemical garbage,
    nature always has the best shit.

19. wow thats a nice link, ima gonna do more research on it, never knew eating peels helps a lot with heartburn,
    thanks

20. My bad.:eek: