I ordered in a Tesla cigarette lighter today

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Headhunterpipes, Dec 6, 2020.

1. #21 Headhunterpipes, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    I got my Tesla lighter in today ,, just rolled a average sized joint and lite it up ..
    The lighter worked perfect and lite the joint with a very even burn , no butane or after taste .
    My first impressions is like the lighter .
    I will update this thread from time to time , kind a give a review on the Tesla lighter .

Now i feel like test driving one of their cars LOL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

2. I got 2 of these clipper jet flames for £1.89 the other month :smoke:
    Screenshot_20201209_015524.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Oh wow high class I’d like to know how it works for ya

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Using the Tesla lighter to relight a joint , it lights better if you knock of all the ashes and the un even and unburnt rolling paper.
    Its not like using a Bic

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. the lighter is not made by Tesla , it has a Tesla coil or battery

• Like Like x 1
  6. Personally I don't really care who makes the lighter .
    I bought the Tesla lighter because I am tired of buying Butane lighters .
    Normally I only smoke joints and the Tesla electric lighter looked like the best electric lighter on the market at this time .
    I was looking for a dependable / practical electric lighter , don't really care what brand of electric lighter i bought .
    I didn't even know if tesla made or was evolved in other products as in coils and small batteries .
    I am hoping this lighter will work of years ,
    I also wanted to treat myself a little Christmas present ..

I looked up the Data on the lighter , personally I find the wording some what tricky in the description .
    • Item model number : H&PC-65026
    • Batteries : 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.
    • Date First Available : December 30, 2015
    • Manufacturer : Tesla Coil Lighters
    • ASIN : B01A02F714

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Up date on the two Electric Lighters I bought .
    Amazon.com: Dual Arc Plasma Lighter USB Rechargeable LED Screen Battery Indicator Windproof Electric Lighter (Colorful): Health & Personal Care
    Amazon.com: Tesla Coil Lighters USB Rechargeable Windproof Dual Arc Lighter (Gold): Health & Personal Care
    Both lighters work fantastic or lighting a joint the first TIME .
    If the joint has remits of unburned paper and ashes either lighter works like butane lighter does by burning off the paper with a flame ..
    I have to either tear off the unburnt paper and ashes with my had or use a pair of scissors.
    Then both lighters work great .
    I guess its not a big deal ,kind off a learning curve .
    Problem is I don't pass the joint around ,, I hate sharing germs , everyone can roll their own off my rolling tray or load a bowl .
    But because I am the only one smoking off the joint it tends to go out , so I am always relighting the joint .
    The tesla lighter seems to be able to hold a charge for 5 to 7 days , I got this lighter in yesterday.
    Amazon.com: Dual Arc Plasma Lighter USB Rechargeable LED Screen Battery Indicator Windproof Electric Lighter (Colorful): Health & Personal Care .
    I planned on giving this to a friend as a Christmas gift to use as a MJ pipe and bong lighter .

Straight up the first time you light bowl ,,, no issues , but if your are relighting a bowl ,,, no I don't think any electric lighter on the market would be as consumer friendly like butane lighter is .
    i don't smoke from a bong but if your trying to light the whole bowl on a bong quickly ,, either lighter would be a failure IMO .
    The batteries in both lighters seem to be charging fast and hold a charge .

That's it ...if i have a issue with either lighter i will post it , i have to order in a butane lighter for my friend ..

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. They also have rechargeable lighters that use a heated coil like your car cigarette lighter. Might be another option for you.

What's up with blocking Amazon links? Or, is it me?

These might clog up after a while with the bits of paper and ash you're talking about but at 12 bux each, they are almost disposable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lighter I ordered in for my friend ,,, every time i go to my friends house he always smokes everyone out .
    Plus all the alcohol and dinner .
    Allot of the time I will bring out groceries , steak or some kind of meat or veggies and always bring weed .
    So I stole his lighter by accident from my friends house .. and it ran empty and i threw it away thinking it was a disposable when it was refillable .
    I bought a electric lighter thinking it would be ok for lighting pipes and bongs ,, but realized it wouldn't be that good .
    So i ordered in this lighter today as a gift ..
    Amazon.com: RONXS Butane Lighter, Long Lighter Refillable Torch Lighter Adjustable Jet Flame Lighter with Fuel Level Window for Grill BBQ Gas Fireplace Fire(Butane Not Included): Health & Personal Care

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Connect an led to it and make a strobe light.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. tenor (41).gif

Reported again. Nobody here wants to do your bullshit survey.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. It may work for the only purpose of setting fire but i'd feel worried using an electric arc WHILE inhaling through some pipe or bong, because of the ozone...

13. I did a little research on electrical arc's emitting a o zone .
    I didn't realize that plasma arc's did this .

Maybe i should already dead considering i owned a welding fabrication shop where i had several large plasma cutters/burn tables and most my welding was being done using TIG welders.

Regardless i didn't know a electric lighter produced a ozone .
    I guess the question is how much ozone does electric cigarette lighter emit ozone gases

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi again HeadHunterPipes,

An interesting point to investigate, did you inhale ozone directly using a collector pipe?... All i'm saying is that awareness of the associated phisics would alow you to search further on the subject, while also having to consider long-term variables as concentration, frequency and natural body recovy in case of damage. For example my customized VaporGenie pipe worked great for years but then i eventually realized even if i failed to sense it for that long i now believe short-path layouts may actually require some extra attention when it comes to residual energy in the mouth as it appears to promote teeth decay. Keeping in mind it's quite probable this is the result of multiple causes converging (like some acidified mix of H2O + CO2 perhaps, and/or a weakening/aging organism, etc.), which might still have gone unnoticed for many more years if i had been just a few decades younger...

Oh yes it does, the question is to find out what's the concentration level vs all those possible factors i've evoked above, being no more than a modest consumer myself and nothing more. So you're likely to be correct in assuming as formulated below, but not only.

Which is why as a smoker i'd avoid inhalation during ignition, letting the guinea-pig aspects to others until certain it's been fully tested, ideally. Being also aware continental bans may happen to occur before the mid-century mark, since the United nations plan is to get all inhalation methods extinct by then...

Good day, have fun!! :D

15. [​IMG]
    (yeah bics and such for blunts but for bongs something heavier is needed)
    Powerful Luxury DUAL Style Flame TORCH & LIGHTER -by inZaynity- Refillable Culinary Kitchen Torch with Continuous Flame Lock for Soldering, Crème Brulee, Welding - Adjust with One Hand for Resin -GOLD best $25.00 on lighters I ever spent ,....HERE:

I should've flipped to kitchen flame throwers earlier

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Salutations Vostok,

Déjà vu:

[​IMG]

The planet was earth, this occured in the year 2015, on October 23rd exactly.

And here's now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The butane lighter is a Vector KGM Volt, which lasted much longer than anything else because of a finely-tweaked minimalist energy budget...

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    lol my sucker is gold, very heavy too, I keep it close so now everyone thinks it is ...gold ..lol

man I hate to loose it, have you ever tried using matches lately..? yeah thats why ...lololol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. #39 Egzoset, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Hi again Vostok,

This being quite likely addressed to the OP i suppose anything able of defeating the wind shall always rank better than matches (...), while i'd point out that blue jet flames also prove a lot less noticeable in darkness at a fair distance. Yet that's not 100 % as stealthy as a Bi-Energy concept simultaneous supporting Induction Heat & Butane operation, at least in principle (which is where the benefits of an energy budget would kick in).

Well, of course there's the option of further dividing the whole trichome glands to blood stream path into separated phases, each corresponding to part of an overall energy budget in order to extend battery life as by depending on e-Liquids (with THC "activation" performed prior to vaporization, etc.) - but i've finally adopted a simple personal credo which consist in seeking "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", so...

:confused_2:

In addition i must equally confess my passionate adhesion to consumption methods & rituals leaving dosing options to consumers, hoping someday 1st cannabis initiations no longer translate into systematic self-vilification. The thought of sacrificing many more youth generations seriously hurt my own sense of serenity since i discovered vaporism (after years of abstainance...) but the way our societies are now moving i guess i must let go. Anyway, my "Plan-B" solution is to avoid abusing the lighter to extend its operating life and hence i've worked hard to reduce my pipe's energy requirement very significantly when compared to 2015. This actually explains why my lighter could last years instead of weeks/months.

In conclusion it's a cheat to depend on rolling paper + noble molecules to meet energy needs and the price to pay seems just too high to justify such short-cuts as reverting to smoke and matches. Too bad the United Nations want us "extinguished" by 2050; expect no help from governements to correct the historical error of James A. Bonsack, e.g. by democratising the cigarette format.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I have noticed a considerable drop in weed consumption using my DaVinci vape
    in fact I may be reduced to consuming but 20-30 grams per month
    that is a serious reduction...!
    besides controlling that very consumption is another bother..
    as often I toke watching movies
    I forgot how ripped one can be until one stands .....then falls ....lol

depending on weather, I'd rather slip out to the patio and visit my bong for as proper toke ....lolol

cheers