Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I never feel as high after I smoke the first time of the day

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pokie, Jan 12, 2012.

1. When I smoke the first time of the day (usually in the morning) I get high as balls... :hippie:
    But when my high goes down I try to smoke a bit more to keep it up, but I feel like I never get as high as I did the first time.
    It's only when I sleep and wake up later on that I can achieve my "perfect high."
    Anyone else in the same situation, or have tips for me? :wave:

2. that happens to me, maybe its just a thing, I have no idea.

maybe its because when you decide to toke again your still kinda high so it doesnt seem like such a jump.

3. I know what you mean! The wake and bake is truely golden :)

I find that after a nice workout and your body is all tired, a sesh right after makes you feel extra good! Has something to do with sweating out a little THC, and the endorphines released in your body!

4. Oh, the only thing I found that helps is if I take a shower/bath. I think it's because towards the comedown I get so tired then it just makes me more tired when I smoke more.
    But a shower wakes me up and then I feel good again when I smoke.

5. It's because your building up a tolerance when you smoke the first time of the day. If you wait till the morning to smoke after going to bed high(which is usually what a person does if they are a wake n' baker:smoking:) thats 6-8+ hours between the last time you smoked, enough time to be about fully sober. Only way to get that same high again would be to wait a good while till you smoke again, like late in the afternoon or at night.

But wake n' bake is to me the best time to get a nice buzz! Something about it is just magical. It makes me feel pumped for the day and have the feeling of "fuck yea! I love life!" haha

6. Yeah op the same thing happens to me. Good explanation ^ :smoke:

7. dude me too. I think it's just your head coming up from the fog of the swamp

8. I was seriously about to post this same subject thread today! Haha well I definitely agree. Unless I get a chance to come down, then spend a bit sober, let my munchies digest, then I can smoke at night and get high but I can never smoke at like 7am, then smoke again at 10am expecting to get wicked high.

9. I had a friend who described this to a similar situation. He said, "It's like trying to beat the meat after you've just got done beating the meat,". I hope this makes sense.

10. Yes I am in the same situation. No, I don't have tips. It is just the way it is. If it's that big of a deal, eat a mango or something. Otherwise, it's not really something to concern yourself with.

Don't mistake my terseness for rudeness. lol

11. It's called tolerance, my friends. Most of us have it, some of us don't.

12. It's called a wake n bake......…

It'll always be this way, number one.

13. When I have my first smoke of the day I can really feel it but sometimes if I smoke throughout the whole day, it feels like I'm not high... but the next day I feel like I was really high yesterday, but when I'm in the moment I don't notice it as much... Do I just need a tbreak or what?

14. Don't get ripped first thing in the morning, get a nice buzz but save the blasting for 420

15. Makes perfect sense to me... Tolerance is a measure of how 'worn out' your CB receptors are in your brain, no? So if your longest time between bowls is when you sleep, your brain has had ~8 hours to rebuild those cannabinoid receptors, which it doesn't have usually.

This is how I think about it anyway, because I notice if I don't smoke all morning and wait til the evening, I get much more high. but that could be a combination of getting antsy and our good friend placebo. :hello:

16. damn right skippy....I felt today the same....my story:
    I woke up at 10am and friend called me and asked me when we'll meet for a wake'n'bake...then we met at 11 and we smoked our first joint...I was fucking high as shit...I felt dizzy...and now...I feel great even when I have so much fucking bills to pay...

fuck the bills, they can wait :p

cheerz :smoke:

17. You have receptors in your brain and it just gets worn down... Even in general your brain works that way. You come accustom to things even though you may smoke alot of bud its like you get a day by day tolerance....

18. Google "serotonin + weed"...google "5htp supplement + weed". 5htp needs to be respected and used correctly so that you don't cause "serotonin syndrome" but it can bring the magic back. I use it every once in a while if I take a day or 2 off, which doesn't happen often because I don't have much of a tolerance issue. Wake & Bake is the best!

19. I explained smoking weed compared to edibles to my friend when I was high the other day.

I was like:

It's like you are filling up a leaky bucket with water.. When you smoke you just dump in a pint every hour or so and you maintain your high (maintain the water levels as the leak is draining some away)

Edibles is like someone has left a tap running into the bucket. At first it takes a while to kick in.. Then after about t+2h the bucket starts overflowing and you bee hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Made sense at the time lol.

20. Think of it like a flu vaccine. Once you get the vaccine, you're more immune to getting the virus because your body has built up a tolerance to it.

Once you smoke, your body needs more THC to get the same high.