I need your help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebenjomonster, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Hey folks, first closet grow and I have clones that are looking in pretty bad shape. They are growing in a wick system 50/50 vermiculite perlite, nutes are humboldt nutrients master A and B hydroponic solutions. I've dechlorinated the water, and the PH seemed fine (~ 6.5) before watering. However, the plants are now yellowing and the tips of the leaves are curling. The lights don't seem to be too close, I have a 600w HPS about 18'' from the clones, and going by the 1-minute-hand-rule it seems fine. I have been foliar spraying once a day, careful not to spray and then give them too much light.

I'm desperate folks- I want these babies to get healthy. Could this be nute lockup? Dehydration? something else?

here are some pics, sorry about the blurry quality. (2 smaller clones, one in awful shape, 1 larger clone), your help is graciously appreciated:

Attached Files:

2. Youre problem is the camera, the plants would look better if they werent blurry ;)

3. too much light for clones

4. The big issue is nutes, looks and sounds like they are getting burned. They don't need them yet. They need to focus on getting established first. Not that its a huge deal, but I would also back the light off another foot or more. Clones don't need that much light until they are established, and I wouldn't want to stress them out with a 600w. Keep them moist and humid and they will do the rest.

5. Thank you guys for replying! Since reading what you said, I have moved the lights up to a little over 2 feet away from the clones, and I'll stop feeding them nutes for a bit--- just regular water for a few days, I'll see how they do. I'll keep you updated. If anyone else has more input... I'd be glad to hear it! I'm working on getting some better pictures up to be more helpful. Thanks again guys, and my plants thank you, too.

6. bump with better pictures. As you can see, the older leaves on the clones are yellowing/leaves wilting, curling in some cases, drooping in others. I'm trying to keep the medium the plants came in moist with regular, dechlorinated (p.h ~6.5) water from a squirt bottle, no nutes. Is overwatering the issue? I give them a squirt about two times a day. lights are about 30'' away from the plant now.

Your input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. bump for answers

8. clones still looking sick.. canoing on top leaves, yellowing spots on the lower ones. Any advice?