I need you GC!

Discussion in 'General' started by iceyfresh1324, Aug 19, 2007.

1. I am very confused with religion and what to believe anymore. I have seen so much stuff about the crack in religion and how there is so much evidence that points to everything religious being false. Christianity is what I believed once but now doubt and want to see how many others are stuck in the predicament of believing that we are truly here to decide if we go to heaven or hell. What if the time we have here is all we have and there is no after life, because logically afterlife doesn't make since. We could possibly just be reincarnated but don't remember the life before. Does anyone else think I'm crazy or are there any others who are thinking the same way?
    Please respond I really need to take part in a discussion on this.

2. enjoy life man... don't spend time wondering if every action you do is okay with "god". All the mumbo jumbo was just put in your head by people that wanted to control your actions.

3. I completely agree. So if people could make religions before then is there a way that a huge group of people could make one now? It would just be a transition into a new way of thinking and a better understanding of life.

4. I mean why couldn't people who believe life should be lived to the fullest form a religion? I'm not saying that it should allow murder or abuse and such things. But just help others and be helped kinda deal. But there wouldnt be an elaberate story about a savior or after life.

5. People still create religions to this day. Most of them are similar to existing religions, but with small changes.

If you think about it, in a sense, any big group of people who share similar beliefs (stoners here) could be considered some sort of "religion"

You just have to be openminded, but think for yourself... don't let others decide for you... thats how you lose freedom, one of the things people actually die and kill for!

the thing about forming a religion, though... is that corruption and such occurs... things change, people see something they have the power to control... they seize it... there are power-hungry people all over this world.

6. yeh, But I think, not to be disrespectfull, that christianity is a flat out lie and people need to be told. this is what got me thinking a lot about it http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331
    I know that people who believe soething are going to push it on other people but a lot of things just don't add up with the Christian religion and the story seems a lot like an elaboration of the worship on the. I just don't want people to think that if they do bad things they go to hell, then waste life hoping and praying for something which they aren't actually going to get. All the money hungry people are ruining what the real message is... use the earth wisely... oil, a bad thing!. Make energy naturaly. I think we are making a transition and I want to do something. Corruption in the system is cause for a new religion. wouldn't you say?

7. Are you saying I'm idiotic, and buying into propaganda for beleiving in a god?

8. oops. worship of the sun.
    And it wouldn't have to be a new religion, just a new way of thinking, accepting and better knowing our place in the universe and how things work.

9. No way, I'm not saying that there isn't a devine power, The way I see it there has to be. I'm just saying that what if Christianity is told wrong and been corrupted through translation to mean different things.

10. oh well in that case yeah christianty is and has been corrupted threw the years. I beleive that what they said in the davinci code is true about the room of people picking and choosing ideas to put into the bible. The real bible is out there somewhere.

11. not meaning to bump... but is there anyone else who can add something more to this?