I need to gain weight, ASAP

Discussion in 'General' started by Weedity, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Hello fellow blades! 

I weighed at 125 last week, I am 5'11 or 6'0 not quit sure. I should way 145 to 160 pounds. 

I had my wisdom teeth removed and could not eat. I have lost weight and now weigh 118. 

Any tips/help on gaining weight would be helpful! I would appreciate it fellow blades. I need to gain weight ASAP and suck at it.....I know nothing.

2. You can eat during that process...eat mashed potatoes, I did that and gained 10 lbs in a week and a half.

you need to be eating a meal almost every 3 hours, want about 6 meals, biggest in the morning with alot of carbs. Drink plenty of water, almost a gallon a day. Make sure to sleep, 7-8 hours, every night. workout if your not and do alot of compound lifts. workout about 4 times a week, if you start working put, grab some whey protein.

Ya, you got this, just eat like a mofo.

3. #4 Weedity, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    Does it matter what I eat? What kind of foods would be better to eat to gain weight. My buddy recommends chicken and rice. 

I'll try the mashed potatoes as well. I have been drinking water bottles more often. I'll make sure to drink even more. 

My mouth is still sensitive so I can't really eat right now and work out. Will get some mashed potatoes tonight. But tonight I'm going to do some simple push ups and sit ups. 

Right now I am eating arby fries and a caramel milkshake. Hope that gives me some fat. 

4. idk if i wanted to gain 10 pounds i could do it so easily.  i wish that was an issue for me.  just eat mad chicken wings and fried chicken. yum yum yum yum.  

or mcdonalds idk.  seems easy to me.  cant imagine how lucky you guys how have trouble being underweight are.4

i lost 10 pounds when i was in the mental hospital and said "oh shit i need to gain weight now" and just ate a lot and gained it back in a couple weeks.

5. eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, workout a little, eat, eat, work out a little more, eat, sleep 8 hours

6. red meat, peanut butter, whole milk, tropical fruits, avocados', breads, butter, cheese, and potatoes.

go to taco bell, get whatever chalupa you want.... get a cheesy fiesta potato.... and if its a KFC/TacoBell... get some of the boneless chickens.... EAT THE BONES!!!

7. @ 6ft you should be closer to 160 - 165. I'm 6'1 and I'm closer to 170. I would like to add 10 more pounds.

8. #9 Digital Veil, Aug 20, 2013
    You're young and very underweight, I would suggest eating anything and everything..nothing is off limits for the time being.  I would not normally suggest all of this but 118 is scary thin for a 5'11 dude.  Eggs, cereal, any fast food, pasta, peanut butter, fatty meat, lots of ghee/butter, whole milk, ice cream, olive oil, weight gainer shake, whey/casein protein, full fat cream, ranch dressing, bagels, avocado, sweet potato, white potato and so on.

Couple tons of eating with heavy lifting and you will gain weight.

9. carbs. and eat often.

10. FUUUUK! 

Thats anorexic for sure.....

11. Yes it does matter, and id say cut out all fast food and soda if you want to get big, but if your just looking for fat, pig out on it lol.

Your buddy is right, chicken and rice is good in protein and carbs, but make sure its brown rice also, healthier and more carbs then white rice. another good carb is oats, oatmeal. Make sure to have eggs also. if you can have peanuts and nuts, peanut butter and almonds are good foods. Whole grain bread is better than white, and pastas are another good carb too.

umm stay away from sugars if you can, its good to have some type of sugar though in the morning with breakfast and about 30 mins after workouts, a cup of apple juice is what I use.

Just make sure after any workouts you do to have some type of protein, so your muscles get the right nutrients right away. as for working out, set up a routine, it will help.

Check out the fitness subsection here and also check out some workout sites. I use bodybuilding.com

12. #13 â’¸anadianBuds, Aug 20, 2013
    115-120 and 5'8" here.

I think I would be considered anorexic by a physician.

I've gotten myself up to 125-130 and then lost it all again.

13. Listen to marley also lol I may have rambled in my posts. But do some research, knowledge is power.

14. #15 xSadrulesx, Aug 20, 2013
    Eat calorie dense foods. You can eat junk food from time to time but i wouldn't suggest you make it a big part of your diet.

Potatoes will definitely help.

When you can eat again eat calorie dense foods are stuff like oils, seeds/nuts, peanut butter, eggs, cheese, pasta, rice, oats, beef, whole milk, dried fruits, etc. 

15. Any tips on increasing appetite? I never seem to be very hungry. unless I wait all day to eat which is obviously bad.

16. Do alot of activity during the day and your body will want to eat. I used to only want to eat twice a day, now my body wants to eat every two hours. Gotta force yourself in the beginning.

17. You just gotta fucking eat man...Arby fries and a milkshake aren't gonna cut it.

I'm talking about 4 pieces of toast and 6 eggs everyday for breakfast...if you're REAL serious about gaining weight fast and keeping it on, you need to invest in some weight-gain powder like:
    [​IMG]
    but that stuff can get pretty pricey, and if you're not planning on working out, it's not worth it. 

[​IMG]
    Ensure is pretty good as well...you drink a few of those a day in addition to your meals and you'll put on weight in no time.

18. im 6'1'' 217 and maybe like 13-16%BF (Just got outta Marine's not to long ago) time to turn back to a nasty civilian lol j/k

its all about diet man you need to do a DIRTY BULK eat everything and lift heavy
    compound lifts
    squats, deadlifts, bench will deff put size on you

look up GVT or German volume Training its a great 12 week program that will size u up

How old are you man?

EEATT BIGG TOO GEETT BIIGG

and

Dont be afraid to get big man

19. #20 Weeman30, Aug 20, 2013
    Over time bro once you learn how to diet and train then start the supplementation..

Protein on the other hand yea grab a jug but dont replace meals with it

Protein shakes are just your extra source of protein cals fats sat fats n all you dont consume from real food

real food is 181838774023723 times better then protein shakes and bars
    but dont get me wrong i eat n drink them like crazy 3-4 shakes a day on training days and 1-2 on rest days

bars are good to there quick and easy but get expensive
    look into making your own..

chicken and rice deff is good to pack muscle on
    all red meats fish starches you get my driff (but u must Train bro)

PM if u have questions man i was 146lbs when i joined the marines

the biggest i ever was was about 225lbs but wasnt all natural

all natural now and between 214-218lbs depends how high i get the day b4 i weigh myself but that was after losing alot of muscle and it took way longer to put on being natural then when i wasnt

eat 6 meals a day and at night right before bed eat oatmeal with no sugar just put peanut butter and coconut oil (carrys great fats and cals) in the oatmeal while it cooks