i need to flower a plant but have no where dark to put it

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Exlxaaxl, Jul 1, 2018.

1. have a very large cannabis plant that i really need to flower, my only problem is my shed i have to put flowering plants in doesn't have enough room for another plant because i overgrew both plants so now only 1 can fit.

I was wondering if i could put a sheet, tarp, black bag over the plant at a certain time to induce flowering in a quick manner? if you don't think that's smart i'll take any suggestions to make flowering occur more quickly

2. #2 Deleted member 985876, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
    Nvm..... to what I said. Carry on. Lol

3. How big is big?
    Growing in a bucket? I assume since you can move them.
    3ft or 4 ft tall? Or bigger?

4. U can cover. I would do it in the morning time due to heat later in day. Need a dark tarp.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. U can put a large box over it for 12 hrs seriously i did once a fridge box in my parents backyard next to the garage lol good times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If I can't set it to a timer, I can't do it. If I did that, I'd have a tarp on a cheap wench set to uncover at 9am every day. Cover at 4am. You miss most of the coolest part of the morning breeze, but evenings are open.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks for the answers everyone and i'm sorry for my late reply time, the plant is probably 4 and half feet tall but its in a large 5-gallon container so that adds a bit of height on top. thats hilarious you just used a box though, i actually had an extremely large box that my pool came in that could have probably covered the plant, im extremely bummed now because i threw it away just a few months ago.. I'll have to do as statseeker said and get a dark tarp, i was worried about air flow because of the possibility of mold but if you guys have done it before and had no issues ill prob just follow your advice

• Like Like x 2
  8. You may have saved your self a ton of trouble. What the others suggested is for sure possible. However as somebody that has had light dep greenhouses for years, it a serious commitment to cover them every day at the same time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I did one in a 7 gallon bucket. I used a tomato cage and put a Hefty construction grade trash bag to cover it. The lighter grade bags don't block out enough light. When the plant grew a little taller than the cage, I set another bucket on top of the cage and pulled the trash bag down over the whole thing.
    You don't want the buds to touch the bag. And seriously be looking for mold.
    As stated already, it takes commitment. What I did, and what worked for me, I covered everyday at 7:30pm and uncovered everyday at 7:30am. That was convenient for me. I allowed myself 15 minutes leeway. One time I was half hour late getting back from a doctor appointment. I had 75% amber trichomes in July. About an ounce. Nice little midsummer treat.
    I've only done this once and even though I was successful, I'm hesitant to recommend it because of potential for mold. Your plant is your own risk. This could turn out to be a bunch of moldy shit, or maybe a plant that needs to reveg mid flower.

10. go to any website that sells greenhouse equipment and get the 100% blackout tarp and go to home depot and get a some wood and build a frame based on the size of your plants and then put the tarp over it