I need this question answered about hydroponics...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jesus9112, Sep 15, 2009.

1. My hydroponic system will be up and running soon. Im using grow rocks and im wondering, right after germenation where do i put the seeds, do i put them in the grow rocks, put it in soil before the rocks? If i do put them in the grow rocks where do i put them?

2. Well, I use RockWool cubes. Im pretty sure you can also use Jiffy pellets. Some hydro-systems are better suited for using that coco-coir stuff from which my Soil experience... The stuff is great.
    Grow Cubes

Makes me happy to know that if I was stranded on an island, I can make my own hydro medium with coconuts, all I have to take care of is irrigation and some seeds >_<

WILSON!!!!!

3. so after a certain point i use the rocks? how do i remove it from the rock woll and how and when?

4. you dont ever remove it from the rock wool cause you will possibly damage the root system when your plant is the right size you move the cube of rockwool plant and all and submerge it in the clay pebbles about an inch to 2 inches (depending on the height of your pot)