I need some stoner relationship advice.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by gumisgood, Jul 27, 2011.

1. My relationship with weed is rather simple. Enjoy it, but don't let it enjoy you...ie..use it responsibly. When I'm enjoying it, I like to go all out and do things I would normally never do. It keeps life interesting...

My problem is..when I'm under the influence and partying, for some reason I can't seem to stop trying to get laid and/or in a relationship. My sober self has a lot of self control when it comes to girls...he knows which girls are good news, and which ones are bad news. He sticks with the good ones..and is faithful. He knows some girls (most actually) won't hesitate to dump him if he deserves it. And he knows he usually deserves it if he is going to get dumped..

However, when I'm indulging, I'll let my guard down. I'll associate myself with girls who I know aren't good news..the needy/drama/crazy ones...ones I wouldn't usually associate myself with. And I'll enjoy their drama..because when indulging, it's more funny than anything. As a result, I end up with what I like to call "weed girlfriends"..they aren't really girlfriends...just like friends, who are girls, who I'm "pursuing". My sober self finds these girls intriguing, but knows that they only know the pothead me (typically they are potheads themselves..not always though..)..so he usually doesn't think about it too much.

Also, he never even talks to these girls unless he is high..

So, my question is, should I allow my sober self to get to know these "weed girlfriends"? Or is that not using the herb responsibly? I mean, at the end of the day, I would like to know that the girl likes me for me...and weed is a small part of who I am.

Thanks.

2. I don't get it....

Do whatever the fuck you want

3. I would..but what I want is different while high. Do I go after what I want while high, when it's not necessarily what I want sober?

4. Sure, why not?

5. you have only one solution, be with the weed girl when ur high, be with the other girl when ur sober

6. I don't see why the stoner you and the real you are any different. To me there is a before weed Stephanie and an after weed Stephanie. Different people, but I am pretty much the same high or not.

7. You may want to see a therapist for schizophrenia.

But in regards to your question, if you truly feel that different when smoking weed, and actually want to have something with whatever girl you're talking about, then yes, she needs to see you 'sober' (though personally, being high doesn't change me so it's a biased answer.) If you're just messing around.. who cares?

8. I'm high, so yeah..you know this might not make sense..

I'm not sure why I'm different high. It really makes no sense to me. Like, even the way I'm talking, and writing, like its different, you know? Like, I'm not sure if it's different, but I think it is. What scares me though is that what I think is this, when I'm high I write like I talk, and if this is the way I talk then man I am screwed the fuck up, you know? Because there is no way people can actually understand me..cuz I mean I'm making sense but I know I aint making sense to you all.

Whats funny though is that if this is the way I talk, it makes it funny because, the way I write (especially while sober) makes me sound a whole bunch more stuck up than I actually am. Like Im educated..which I am to an extent..but thats an act..you know? You have to act educated to be educated..well sorta kinda..im sure you know what I mean. I mean, I aint that stuck up, maybe just a little, but I aint that stuck up..but just because I tailor my thought process to fit you guys so that I know that you guys will understand me, that doesnt mean that I actually talk like that. If i was to write how I speak..well this would be it...and I know it aint understandable to yall...mostly because I'm high..but this is how I really like speak in my mind.

yup this would work, except sober me wants things to be "proper" like he scared of people or something. i mean thats the things about weed...it makes you stop for nobody but yourself..and it makes you not want to tailor you speaking patterns, or even thinking patterns, to nobody but you. I just want to know who actually understands this..because this...is me...like without trying to think of yall or anybody else. and not many people, at least i dont think, will understand this..

i already know im crazy, it dont matter. what can a shrink tell me that i haven't already told myself? just look at me..its obvious im crazy...

the really scary part is that this guy when he becomes sober becomes that guy above...like its a complete 180...he educated and stuff..like he can make sense to the world..this guy already knows that he don't make sense so he doesn't even try lol. but yeah i sound real cheezy talking about "my weed self, and my sober self"..but its true you know..everything in context lol its like two selves but in one..its hard to explain.

btw, steph you fly lulz im sure you know that though..putting up your picture as if you care what we think. i see you though.

like i said..im high..im going to come back and reevaluate that to make sure it makes sense to you all...becuase even though it probably don't make sense to you now, i can interpret it for you guys. im sure i have a point.

9. LMFAO.

I see you too.

10. I smoke to chill out. Hard day of class, people getting on my nerve: smoke a bowl. But no matter what, its still me. I don't understand why you would consider sober and blazed you two entirely different people. If that is so, its not a drug problem, but a psychological one

11. Lol. I kinda do what the op does too... Only happens when I get really, reeally baked though. Which happens a lot :p

12. Sounds like you're a bit wrapped up with the idea of there being a difference between "sober you" and "high you"
    No matter what you're under the influence of, you're still you. Weed might make it easier or more interesting to pursue girls, but I think it's fairly common sense that if you lose that interest while sober, then that girl probably isn't right for you.
    I don't believe weed impairs your inhibitions to the point that you are making it out to.
    And it's kinda fucked up that you spend time pursuing dramatic bitches cause you find their ways amusing...that's crass and a little chauvinistic.
    You just need to stay true to yourself and hold your smoke better, in my opinion.

13. High you = Normal you, too.

It's not like being high drapes a veil over your eyes.

If you know you screw up when you're high, how about make decisions when you're sober?

You're trying to tell us you're always high when making relationship-related decisions, then?

... :confused:

14. Ok, I'm sober. I'll explain.

What I mean is this; weed puts me in a different cognitive space. It's an enjoyable one, but one that "isn't me" in the sense that I do things that I would never do sober. I'm not talking about bad things, just different things. A good example would be cooking. I hate cooking...except while stoned. The reward is much better so the amount of effort I'm willing to invest is much higher.

This difference carries over to girls. I'm not sure about other guys but I have a certain type of girl that I am attracted to. Like I said, some girls out there aren't good news. However, while stoned, even though I know this, I'll pursue any girl. Why? Because I'm living for that moment when usually I'm focused on other things...career, academics, morals, ethics, family...

Sounds like the consensus is that I have nothing to worry about.

And about any "psychological issues"...if you don't have psychological issues there's something wrong with you imo..lol

15. Honestly, after reading "sober you" as well, it sounds to me like you're fairly new to smoking. It sounds like you experience drunkeness after smoking :confused:

16. Sounds fine to me. I get it, except I'm usually too impatient when high.

When you put it this way it sounds more like lowered inhibitions. Like when you drink kinda "eh, shes not THAT bad" though. It sounds more like you don't care about certain aspects that you do when you are sober, not that it means you are a different person.

True that. If I ever have to see a therapist, I'm afraid them probing around in my head too long will cause them to need a therapist of their own. Its a crazy ass place up in here