I need some pointers...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by porterguitar, Jul 5, 2009.

1. #1 porterguitar, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    Hey i was just wondering if some people could tell me how I'm doing... I planted sprouts (germinated bagseeds in a wet paper towel inside a ziplock bag in a window sill for three to four days) outside around June 15th or so... it was late but whatever... I'm in New England. I used a little bit of 5-10-10 fertillizer a.k.a tomato food... i know it's not exactly right but it is what i had... we have had about two and a half weeks of straight rain so i took "Agribon" row covers (for those who don't know Agribon covers are made out of patroleum and let about 80% of the sun in, keep the plants warm and bug free) and covered them and they seemed to survive the storms ok. As of two days ago it has been sunny so i took the row covers off. i started with eight plants and now have six(ish) lol. take a look at my pics and see what you can tell me

Attached Files:

2. The one on the right is coming along nicely. A little close no? I would have not fed those little ones just yet. Nicely done to protect them, do you worry about them being seen? They do not exactly blend in with the sorroundings.

Good luck and happy harvesting.

3. the last plant looks the best, and the others look ok as well. id space them out if you have the room. to do that you just dig them up make sure you take plenty of the surrounding soil so you dont rip to many of the roots off. ive had to transplant the same plant twice and did a horrible job at it both times but its still alive and doing well. if you have blood meal you should put some in the bottom of the hole you are about to plant them in(the blood meal helps with roots) as for planes depending on what strain they are they can get big like 6ft tall and larger which could be spotted from a plane. if youre worried go to home depot and buy some tomato plants and put them in with them. as for harvest i know the strain has something to do with it but thats about as much as i know on that. good luck.

4. 1metre or more from each other for best result

5. Planes can't see plants that size, but humans sure can which is what I meant. Hope no one walks within 50 yds of those.

6. Planes can't see plants that size, but humans sure can which is what I meant. Hope no one walks within 50 yds of those.

Good luck

7. Be conscious of light. It looks like the bigger one is in a casted shadow (maybe it's the photographer?).

Also I would spread them out a bit more. You don't want them stealing nuets/root room from eachother and/or blocking sun from eachother. Staggering your plants helps a lot too.

If this was your garden X = plant, - = space

X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X--
    --X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X
    X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X--
    --X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X---X

8. Also remember you want directly mainly from 10 AM - 4 PM those are the prime light hours (12 PM - 2 PM being the strongest hours for light). So try to figure your garden's location to where it would catch the most light in that time period.

9. Flowering begins at the start of the August in general (except for autos). It finishes in Sept/October = (depends on strain). Look at the trichomes with a magnifying glass to know when to harvest.
    I wouldn't transplant personally. They're pretty close but it being rather late in the season, they won't become enormous and should be fine.
    What's in your soil mix? This is important to know what you'll be feeding them and such. Good luck!

10. that 5 10 10 10 is good for flowering,next year start a bit earlier... they should start to flowering withing a month...

good luck and happy toking...

11. Depending on its strain it should be ready end of Sept to mid Oct or late Oct to Mid Nov.

12. What is the surrounding ground like? It looks really sandy, but maybe thats just the pics.

Also how deep are your planting holes?

13. here are the updated pics... i think they're growing a little slow i could use some advice/tips on the next step... should i feed them again or what up?

Attached Files:

14. when will i be able to see it's balls??? hopefully never but if it is???:eek: