i need some help!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Lukedogg98, Nov 13, 2016.

1. so I'm from the central valley of California and marijuana just became legal for recreational use and anyone 21years and older can smoke,eat,SHARE,and grow it now legally.i have been using it for a number of years now and want t take on growing it my self.all i want is one or two plants, so if anyone could give me some pointers on growing please help me out

2. Just read read read............there is PLENTLY of info on here on how to get the best results.....just have to do a little leg work to see what would be best in your available grow space...

Not trying to be a penis head..............lol.......just telling you what you will hear from most.........if not all "regular members here" will say.....

We don't mind AT ALL specific questions you have regarding anything MJ...........but you can't really come on here and ask the question you did and expect a detailed book on how YOU can grow MJ..........does that make sense?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Is the weather there where you live such that you can grow outdoors and do you have an outdoor space to grow a couple of plants maybe 3 to 6 feet tall?

4. Oh I see, yes Central Valley, like around Buttonwillow up to Merced? Oh man that is prime pot growing area. That whole valley will be a pot farm pretty soon and they will just be giving it away. Any local garden shop will be able to get you going. Security is the only concern.

5. first question you should ask yourself is are you going to grow indoors or outdoors. im assuming you want to go organic (good choice!) so after reading some basic info on cannabis and how it grows id start by reading up on mixing your own soil, there are a couple of threads in the sticky area that you can start looking at: no-till and easy soil mix.
    another thing you should do is start a wormbin ASAP. good compost/vermicompost is the single most important element in a good soil.
    there is also gimiks library which is chock full of information.

read read and read some more, is really the best advice. i will say this though: you will find plenty of conflicting information on the web, but lucky you landed here on GCO because there are actual bonafide gardeners and master gardeners here and most of the info you will find (especially in the sticky threads) are based on botanical knowledge and not "bro-science" which is very common in many sites.

oh and welcome to GCO :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hit the stickies at the top of the organic forum and ask questions along the way. We're here to help. I've lived, worked and grown in that area, Chico-Bakersfield so I have some experience in that environment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm located in the kings county and yes have the room and yes i want to go organically because it seems easier.. am i right?.. also do i have to have two plants like a lemon tree or will i be fine with just one. another thing is lights and air flow. if i build a shed like thing around 4 ft wide by 4 foot deep by like 6 foot tall what would i need to grow a decent plant

8. and also they say you need a charcoal filter to mask the smell, if I'm growing out doors would i need one?

9. that is for indoor growing , in nature just let her stink

10. no, you only need one female plant. Sunlight is 1000 times better than any light any of us inside growers are using. That's why I say in CA now any local garden shop can get you going. Check out the 20 gallon smartpots they sell with handles. They are really nice outdoors. Just fill them with some good soil and plant a seed and you are on your way. You will have a tremendous choice when it comes to seeds. I would not go indoors unless there is some compelling reason.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 6' is too low IMO, you need to take into account the soil depth (2' for a #20 smart pot) plant height (This will depend on what and how you grow but I'd go with at least 4-5' to be comfortable), room for your light fixtures (1-2' depending on what you use) and you need to allow for space between the plant top and the base of the light fixture (this will vary depending on what lights you use, 2' is safe or even 3' if using big ass metal halides)

Of course there are ways to go with lower ceiling (SCROG or SOG styles) but if you are building it I'd go with as high as you can so you are not limited in your choices.

• Like Like x 1
  12. One of my buddies stacked wood on the backside of his shed and made a secret access inside the shed to the garden. He had it stacked at 8'. He kept them short by topping. Security will be your main concern. There is a million ways to skin this cat. Get some compost or worm bin going. If you want indoors get some lighting, fans, soil, and go for it. We all started by planting a seed....

13. What light? You mean the sun?

14. Well you did say shed lol.

15. A shed with a roof so leaky it won't even keep the sunshine out.

16. even without a roof the plant will be shaded a big portion of the day in a shed, which will hurt your yields, a lot.

edit: doh, you're not even the op, lol!