I need some general ideas..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kysmoker, Nov 23, 2009.

1. So, my friend just bought a new place, not alot of neighbors, and this thing has a pretty large basement. Id say its around 3 meters wide and probably around 10 long (not exact, ill take some pics and get some measurements later). Anyway, he wants to grow some weed, and hell, I do to :D. Now, we both have some experience in the transfer of marijuana from one person to the next (if you catch my drift), and we would like to supplement our existing income a bit, and have free smoke :smoke: .

Were not really worried about high electricity bills or anything like that, we live in shittown middle of nowhere, theres maybe 10 cops in the whole county lol. Very low technology, all that stuff. How would you guys go about setting up in this kind of situation? Were mostly focused on yield here, we figure with the right seeds and lighting the quality shouldnt be too much of a problem anyway. Ive done alot of reading, but never actually grown, just hoping to get some good ideas heh.

2. Ok, so were sizing up the room, getting a general idea of how were gona set things up. Were planning on two grow areas that are roughly 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 feet (roughly 2 square meters). One for vegging and one for flowering. Were thinking a 1000 watt light for each area, MH for veg and a HPS for flowering. Ive read that a 5' x 5' area does well with this set up, ive seen some people say they can stretch 8' x 8' but I dont wana push it. We know were gona go with soil, dont wana get into hydroponics with our first grow heh. Ill get some pics up tomorrow sometime, let you guys check out the layout and such.

We were wondering, where winters coming, will the lights actually keep the plants warm enough? It is a basement afterall, and temperatures can drop to teens here sometimes during winter, so we were thinking we may have to bring in a heater of some sort. Were not quite sure how many plants were gona set up, but we expect to start up somewhere between 10-20, though not all at the same time (since were beginners). We plan on trying 2 different strains and hopefully getting a good mother for each one. And maybe a few extra to flower in the process :D, but who knows.

Anyways, leave me some comments peeps, im interested in your opinion. Thanks.