I need some basic organic advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by steven51craig, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So this is my first go round with soil amendments and top dressing. I have 5 plants that are almost on week 2 of flower. They where vegged under cfls for 2 weeks, then switched to 400 watt hps for 4 more, i didnt have money for a MH at the time. The babies are about 2 feet tall, im trying to go for a even spread of colas in my closet.

So my questions are about my soil. The 5 babies are in three gallon pots. Through veg i topped dressed with down to earth bio live and foilar fed with espom salts. Im wondering in flower how often i should add the soil amendments or top dressing? Also i was wondering, what would be a good mix? Should i top dress with a mix of the DTE bio live (veg fertz) with my flowering mixiture? For flower i have Dragon Fly DEM fat flowers which is a tea mixture, Vermi bloom for top dressing, fish bone meal, Azomite and a mixture of bokashi.

The week before i went into flower I top dressed with a mix of bokashi, Azomite and fish bone meal. So what im wondering with all the stuff i have i have for flowering, what kind of mix you would use early on with what i have? Is my soil well fed or should i add more? I am just a little confused and need some guidance lol What would people with experience do?

Here are links to each

http://downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/blended_fertilizer/bio-live-5-4-2/

Vermicrop Organics - VermiBloom 3-10-5 Fruit and Flower Fertilizer

Fat Flowers - Forever Flowering Greenhouses and Light Deprivation

2. Add top dressing when they show you they are deficient in nutes

3. Wouldnt it be awhile for stuff to activate or break down?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wouldnt it be awhile for stuff to activate or break down?

5. Yes, you can topdress anytime. If you ever want faster results mix with a little compost or worm castings. Ideally next time just mix your items directly into your soil mix.

J

• Like Like x 2
  6. Do i run a risk of burning them? Doesnt bokashi have the same effect as compost? Should i mix a small amount of veg fertz with my flowering mix?

7. Water soluble N sources are typically what cause tip/margin burn...right? Urea/ammonia N sources for example.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chelated nutrients cause burning. When you use organics truly, the plant is in control and will only uptake as much as it needs.

The problem lies in deficiencies.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

9. I used to do teas but now I just top dress

I top dress once a week. Every Sunday my flower bed gets 2 cups of malted barley and 2 cups of a alfalfa/kelp/neem mix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bokashi is not the same as compost and is in no way a substitute. You need to have good compost to have an easy grow. That's the single most important thing you need.

If you want a low even canopy, I would check out LST or Low Stress Training. That will really help keep them down and evenly spread out for a small grow.

I wouldnt add any veg fertilizer along with the bloom. I would skip the magnesium foliar and instead use potassium silicate. Not when you have buds though but good up until a week after you flip the lights.

• Like Like x 1