I Need Some Answers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowinTheGanja, Oct 4, 2012.

1. So I planted my plant yesterday. I was using just house hold lights for it. I know now i need come CFL's. I was going to try to get some today but i couldn't. I'm going to be busy for the next few days and my friend said that he can give me a few CFL's. I was wonder what would be best to do, to just use the light i have now until I can go get the CFL's from him on Saturday or to throw it out and germinate more seeds when I have the CFL's.

2. Just let it go, if by Saturday you don't think it will make it then toss it out and germ another one. At this point you don't have much to lose by trying. If there is any way you could put the plant outside during the day then it may help your chances.

3. alright will do. if i do just use this light until saturday do you think it would make any complications to the plant down the road?

4. it'll streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch

5. im sorry idk what that means.

6. it will get very long and wobbly, and probably won't be able to stand up straight without support.

7. #7 GrowinTheGanja, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    oh. you think that will happen if i use this light until saturday?

8. oh alright. when should i be watering it regularly and how much should i be giving it?

9. you should not be watering it all the time. Don't water until it dries out some. Use the weight of the pot to judge when to water- if the pot is heavy, don't water. If it feels light, water. With a seedling in a solo cup type container, you don't need to water again until it sprouts. Do you seriously not have 1 cfl bulb in your house anywhere? Or just buy one for $5. One cfl will be fine until Saturday.

10. yeah i dont have any. what light schedule should i be giving it?

11. If you don't have any lights you can't control the light cycle. I do 20/4 for seedlings, others do 24/0. But, again, if you are just putting them outside you can't control it. When it goes dark outside, bring them in and put them near a lamp with a regular bulb. It won't produce much usable light, but hopefully it will be enough to keep them from thinking they should be flowering, which will stunt their growth.

12. You could probably find at least one spot in your apartment/house where you can 'spare' a bulb. For instance, if you have 6 bulbs in your kitchen, take one out, throw it in a small lamp near the plant and go from there. Then, when you have time to get properly set up with additional lights, put the bulb back in your kitchen.

If the seed hasnt even germed or sprouted yet, then I'd think waiting till saturday will be perfectly fine. Just dont overwater.

13. alright im going to put it out side then when it gets dark bring it back in.