I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by baseballer197, Jan 15, 2009.

1. My parents are under the false assumption that weed is the anti-christ.

Their argument:
    "Weed causes cancer"
    "Its addictive."
    "Weed impairs your driving"
    "Same as cigs"
    "Weed is bad for you" (this one really pisses me off cause they don't actually give me a reason, they just use their parental authority to dictate me.)

I need a solid case to why they should let me smoke. They have given in to me drinking, but feel that Mary J will screw my life up.

Oh and I completely respect my parents, just not their decisions that affect me...

2. #2 Cali Ounces, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    Ask for them to show you where they are getting that information,
    and then rock their fucking world with the facts

although I must warn you to approach this carefully so as not to seem disrespectful because that will shut them down almost instantly

sometimes all it takes is time though,
    My parents said the same shit and now 8 years later my mom only says

"inhaling any super heated gas is bad for your lungs"

which we completely agree upon

nobody lets you smoke, perhaps they are still under the impression that they have the ability to control you and your actions

still under their roof? well thats too bad
    because the mature individual would respect their opinions if such was the case

3. Man im sorry. But I dont think you are going to find a solid case as to why you should be able to smoke pot... Just do it behind there backs...? lol. Alot of weeds prescribed reasons are basicly because it is the only thing that will actually make them happy and boost there mood. Such as cancer patients...

4. Thats the thing, I cant do it behind their back cause I'm getting randomly drug tested every week or so. I have tried and tried telling them and showing them the info I have to support my case and they always say, "Don't believe everything you read." I pull the same shit on the stuff they show me and they say, "NO, this is true."

Its a love hate thing with my parents.

5. Man How old are you? If you dont have long till your 18 just wait. then when your 18 and they try to drug test yuo say fuck ya and that drug test and smoke a fatty in front of em... Im sorry I cant be more help. But I honestly wouldnt let my kid smoke weed either... Idc what anyone says its not healthy... its not legal... its just trouble especially in a teenagers hands...

6. Haha, great advice.

7. #7 brewsky, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    It's alright to have to hide it.. I forced my parents to accept it by falling into much harder drugs.. and now they see that weed is extremely minor in the big scheme of things.. my eyes are a little red but at least I'm pleasant and I can hold down a convo with them when I come home.. but I'd rather have to hide the fact that I smoke if I could change everything I've gone through and put them through!

oops didn't see that you were getting regular drug tests..
    in that case, shitty.
    maybe you could make some special brownies and ask them how they reallllly feel ;)

8. I agree. Weed is one of the better less life long affecting drugs... Hide it if you can which in your case you cant. But your parents are your parents... Your there kid and they dont want to see you into drugs and deff not getting in trouble for them...

9. I think you meant to say "wait until you're 18, then move out. If you can't move out, respect your parents and their rules."

Just because you turn 18 doesn't mean you can start being a little shit towards your parents. You're not an adult until you're acting like one, no matter what your age...and part of that means giving your parents their due respect and following their rules while your under their roof. Don't like it? Tough. Move the fuck out

10. Go on the internet, and print up pages of marijuana info from numerous sites. Make sure to contain some bad things about marijuana also, to show them your not being biased. Include info on how marijuana prevents cancerous cells from growing on the brain and other useful facts such as that, and hope for the best. Don't be disrespectful in anyway, just let them know you are trying to stand up for what you believe and maybe they will respect that and tell you not to do it around the house or something of that nature. That's how it eventually worked out for me, but it took a while of convincing so good luck.

11. Most people who say weed is bad haven't even tried it before.

Tell them they can't diss it until they've tried it.

OR

When they are sleeping spark up a doobie, go into their room quietly and hox-box it up. Once they're baked they'll realize how great it is.

12. lol brilliant!^

13. All I can tell you is that I went through the same thing (not the drug testing, but the parents hated me smoking) and it just took time. I'm not living there anymore, but I still have to hide it from my mom. She just hates it because my dad and his buddies do it, and a lot of his buddies are lazy or jobless. It's really hard to change someone whose mind has been set to that particular thing. It's like someone trying to convince you that it's horrible. You don't think it is and it would take a lot of proof to make you believe that it is indeed bad. Not only that, parents are just trying to look out for their kids. They just want you to be the best you possibly can, and they think that weed won't let you obtain that goal. It's a protective thing. Then there is the typical stoner stereotype which is being lazy and not doing anything. When I get high, I actually do shit. Read books, do homework, study, clean. I'm a productive pot head I tend to think.:hello:

Good luck with it though.

14. Hey guys, thanks for all the great, and not so great, advice.

I will post later to let you know how it went. :smoking: