I need some advice please! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by codguyusf, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I just have a quick request. Just take a few minutes to read this one. I hope I posted this in the right place..

Quick Background: My mom has been super stressed out the past 6 months. We moved out of our old house into a bigger house, and our other house just got rented out and she hasn't been as upset anymore, because we have some money coming from that house. Before it was just sitting there, we had to keep the AC on so that mold and stuff wouldn't form. Anyways, that problem is settled now. The main problem with her life is that her dad had a stroke two years, I was actually the one who came home from tennis practice to find him on the ground… Traumatizing experience none the less. This summer he had another heart attack and is getting worse and worse as the days go on. So essentially, she is watching the life getting taken away from him. Also, my grandmother (as in her mom), got a double knee replacement surgery this summer. She was getting better, but she had some inflammation. Turns out her knees got infection with some crazy bacteria. Her mom is on all kinds of medication that makes her randomly vomit up food, feel depressed, and all other kinds of terrible mood swings. So currently both of her parents are in a rehab center. Now they are both depressed and they say stuff like “What kind of life are we living? We aren't even in our home country!”. They both barely speak English too. My dad was saying we needed to go on a vacation, and we started looking into cruises. As my mom was about to book one, she had a flashback to the last cruise we went on. Our long time family friend (who was there for me and my sisters deliveries) , was in the hospital, and ended up dying while we were gone on the cruise (he himself loved going on boats). My mom is afraid that she would be away for her dad's passing. So basically she is stressed as hell.

I want her to smoke with me, just one time. I just have the strongest gut feeling that she would be chill for a few hours and be able to get a full night of rest for a change. But the thing is, my parents don't know I smoke. I think they might have a feeling I do, because my mom usually gives me like 40 bucks at a time, and she knows I usually take a sandwich for lunch when I go off to campus. So it's kind of like, where does the money go? Well, some of it goes to bud and munchies. Also, we went walking in a park with my uncle a few years ago and all of a sudden they look at each other and say “It smells like weed”. Leading me to believe she has tried it before… Also, when her brother came down two months back (my uncle) I smoked him out a couple times and took him to Five Guys.

In conclusion: Should I tell them I smoke and offer to smoke with my mom? Or should I just tell my dad first and ask him what he thinks? He is more straight edge then my mom though. Or should I just keep it to myself like I have been. I know you guys would have some supportive answers. My buddy thinks that it could be relaxing for her, but it could also compound with her stress knowing that I smoke. But also, I aced all of my exams, except one. I'm a good kid and my parents say that I am too. I don't see why it would be a big deal. But also, I could see my mom making it one. Give me ANY thoughts, opinions, and comments. Also, if anyone wants to share links to “the facts” or anything, it is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

2. While I do think it would help her, I don't think that she would react well to knowing that you smoke. I'd probably not offer it to her unless she came to you and asked for some. But you know her better than anyone on here would so it's really your call!!

3. Id suggest getting the uncle to sort it out. If you're still under the 'rents roof, they'd probably rather not know you're tokin;)

4. Hey ImTheJoker, that is actually a pretty good idea. I think my uncle might be coming down from cali anyways. I'll talk to him about it. Although he is kinda one of those "fuck it, whatever" types.. haha

5. Wow, your poor mum. She's got a lot on her plate right now. You are a good a son to give this some deep consideration before 'poppin the question'

Opinions are like a*holes, everyone's got one... but since your asking for advise.. i'll respectfully throw mine in, of course take with a grain of salt.

but it could also compound with her stress knowing that I smoke.

I'd wait man on it. In her eyes knowing or actively thinking you are 'doing drugs' might be a little more than she needs right now.

Again, you have my respect. Best of luck for you and your family.

6. Yeah, I agree. I'll hold off on it. I'll talk to my uncle about it in a month or so.

7. Yeah I would advice against it. I think it would deffinently add to her stress level.