i need some advice on my indore grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highflying420, Mar 4, 2011.

1. i have a 4x4 xl grow tent two 400 watt hps lights for flowering and metal halide for growing. all is gonna be through a cooling system with a fan inside the tent for movement. im starting all my plants from seeds ordered from attitude seed bank im getting pineapple express and sensi star then power kush free, diesel free, moby dick free, and two others i cant remeber but im gonna grow 7 pineapple express 5 sensi star and prob the diesel and power kush. i would like to know how tall i could let these girls get during the veg stage so that i have enough room during flowering for light and like to get any where from 1 to 2 oz per plant more if anyone can help me out. if you need any more info about this let me know any info would be appriciated

2. In a 4X4 tent I would recommend growing no more than four to 6 plants at a time, otherwise they will crowd each other out in the bloom phase. Plus, I would only veg for 20-30 days before switching to 12/12. This will help keep the plants at a managable size when they mature. Are you growing hydro or soil? You might want to do some research on autoflowinr plants. A lot of people talk shit about autos, but they don't know what they are talking about. Check 'em out and you will appreciate them, especially growing in a small area. Autoflowering strains RULE!

3. i was told i could grow up to 16 plants in my 4x4 area but only doing 14 im trying to get a pound to two pounds how many plants can i grow for that and how big they need to be

4. If you are growing that many plants you're going to need more light. Your goal is 100w for the first plant and 50w for each additional. You need 750w for 14 plants.

5. 750w for 14 plants no prob i got 800w i got two 400w hanging

6. hows it going i cant believe i cant get no advice for real where is everyone at

7. how tall is your tent after you factor in bucket height and the light's size and all that

8. factoring the buckets and lights ill have about 6 foot left of grow space

9. You want to keep the tops of the plants at least 6 inches from the lights, depending on how cool they are.

I have a 3x3 tent use scrog and only grow two plants at a time. You will get more "grade A" buds and less "grade B" (frizzle frazzle) buds than you would with 3+ plants.

If I was going with a 4x4 tent and no scrog, I would only grow 4 plants.

I'm switching to hempy buckets next. It is as easy as soil and works as well as hydro.

If you want big yields, you will need co2. A tank will improve your yield upwards of 25%.

On the cheap ($25-$30) you can buy an exhale bag www.co2cultivator.com Home of ExHale "Grow your Own CO2"
    They last 6 months.

10. Checkout DIY Co2 buckets their simple and cheap to make and are effective.

11. I'm gonna order the co2 exhale bag tonight an I'm going to do only 8 plants instead of 14 and from buckets to light I only have 5 an a half feet left so how much yield you guys think for pineapple express

12. definitely gonna look into the co2 bags. looks cool.

13. Ok I ordered the co2 bags they should be here around the time of my seeds I'm gonna have a grow journal an post it on here but would like advice before I start

14. keep asking questions ill try my best to answer them as im sure others will too

15. soil, hydro or hempy buckets?

I'm switching from flood hydro to hempy buckets next grow to see if it produces as much.

From what I've read, hempy buckets are as easy as soil and as quick as hydro.
    Soil is great, but I'll take an 4 harvests a year instead of three.

16. I would veg for no more than 20-30 days with 5' of vertical grow space.

17. What are hempy buckets? Coco coir?

18. so do u guys think it be possible to get 1 to two pounds on 8 plants wit 5 foot space between pots to lights

19. Getting one gram per watt is tough, that is a lofty goal many seem to throw around. Don't count your chickens before they have hatched.

Your first is never your best.

Hempy Buckets are basically passive hydroponics. You take a 2-5 gallon bucket and drill a 1/2" hole on the side 2" from the bottom. You put some hydroton in the bottom and then fill it up with coco. (Some vermiculite and perilite, some don't use hydroton on the bottom).

The idea is the bottom two inches is your reservoir.

You drop a plant in there and water it daily until the roots hit the bottom. Then you water every 2-3 days. You water until it leaks some out the hole in the side. Some say to make it leak 10% of what is in there. Some flush with plain water every now and then.

You do the same nutes you would for coco, soil or hydro and make sure the ph is around 5.8 or 6 before watering.

I've been told the yield is as good as DWC and flood tables. It is as easy as soil, but as fast as hydro.

It is worth a shot.

20. That is some real good advice but this ain't my first grow I this be my third grow I been getting more each time so I hope I do real good this time