i need some advice on harvesting

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by whitekush, May 23, 2011.

1. SIGH, here is my 1 plant scrog, i plan on harvesting on sunday (the trichs are cloudy :D), as you can see the nugs arent compeltely filled out (like there was a thread on when a plant is ripe to harvest, and mine CLEARLY looks like the one that is not ready) but its approaching the 65~ 12/12 day mark and its a 50 12/12 day strain. so i just don't know what to do. on top of all that yes i know how bad it looks, the burn, the curls. i'm just going to go with learning experience. i had to over fert atleast once to know that i'm doing so right?

anyways enough of the blah blah, if you guys wanna give me some feedback that'd be nice :p

PICS YO:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if i should go snap more pics let me know

basically should i be leaving it to "mature" more? already this late in its projected time life? should i just chop it down, because the over fert killed my yield and stuff?

2. I think u have at least 2 weeks before harvesting. Maybe 3 til fully mature. The don't look done

3. Ya they have at least a week or two left they will really fill out the last week or two. Have you checked the tric colors?

Also that isnt much of a scrog it just grew straight threw you need to weave the branches in and out through the wire but its a learning experience be happy you came out with some chronic :smoke:

4. The 50 days flowering time is 50 days from the plant showing signs of sex not the time the lights were flipped.
    Looks like it'll be a nice harvest, could do with doing some more research on scrog though, also look into dark periods before harvest.

5. that is a sativa dominant, and that is not how to "scrog"... *facepalm*

6. #7 whitekush, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    LMFAO

well now i know, hoenstly it was a learning experience, and im glad you guys are telling me its 50 days from sex taht means theres atleast 2 weeks left and i'm right on track :D!

what should i do about the yellowing leaves/curling leaves

7. #8 Smokeysmok3, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Just start flushing. Use water only. Mine was similar and I harvest this weekend. I took a sample to test smoke ad it turned out well

8. True story: i asked on gc if i should be weaving my plant in the scrog, no answers.
    so i did my best to pull the main cola parts back and get the new buds in a square lmfao

oh well, now i know.

and i'm pretty sure green poison is an indica dominant/
    perhaps i have a sativa pheno or something.

but the leaves are all yellow and drying and curling, should i be chopping that all of or just leave it and close my eyes lol

9. Dieing leaves are normal just means its getting to the end of its life you can cut off the dead ones

10. i just read in a High Times by George Cervantes that time is started at flip of the switch. Just sayin.

11. #12 Smokeysmok3, May 24, 2011
    That's good to hear. My girl seems to be during off. I checked the trichs and they were cloudy and clear. Very little amber

12. well yeah, i know that as it comes closer to harvest the leaves yellow off, happened in my last grow, happening now,

but more so now because of the over fert (the curling leaves and stuff)

i really guess the only thing to do is just feed it normal water from here till harvest, and let it run as long as possible in hopes it fattens up and the pistils receed.

ad far as 50 days from when... i alawys though it was 50 days of 12/12, but either way shouldnt always go with what the breeder has to say.

its possible i have a sativa pheno.

13. #14 Smokeysmok3, May 24, 2011
    I wouldn't stress the time the breeder states. I'd go off what looks right and the signs of the plant. That's where the importance should lie

14. Leave the leaves (no pun intended), the plant is taking energy and nutes stored in the leaves only pick them off when they look really dead (just my opinion but think the plant knows best some times). You really should look into leaving the plant in more than 48hrs of darkness before harvest, this is meant to trigger the plants survival instinct in turn it produces more trichomes as an attempt to become pollenated; This is because the plant thinks it is nearing the end of it's life (because of the change in light as it would be in some areas of the world. Obiously emphasized).
    Also worth looking at the colour of the pistils, they need to be mostly browned.
    The breeders times are usually on the money but it's knowing when to start the timing and also the harvest date can affect the effects the weed will have when smoked. You need to keep and eye on the colour of the trichomes.

If you are planning a next grow with the same space I should look into LST, specifically when the plant is trained around the circumference of the plant pot, then the plant produces multiple colas and is easier to supply light to the whole plant.
    Good luck buddy!

15. LST'd my first grow, came out real nice,
    didnt realize i wasnt scrogging till now but its no big deal, the plant went through some sort of training.

not using this set up anymore.

50% maybe more now of the pistils are brown, but havent receeded.
    trichs are cloudy 100%