I Need Help With my Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 420stonedpanda, Nov 10, 2013.

1. So i chipped the stem of my arizer solo, the end which you put into the heating chamber, it's a very minor chip, i'll post a picture. I was wondering if it's still safe to use, I was thinking maybe I would be inhaling glass if I continue to use it...

Thanks for any help!!!

Attached Files:

2. I'd give it a good cleaning then go back to using it, but if you're that concerned about it you can always go buy another stem

3. The broken part isn't going to be touching anything that would make it chip away more, but I would try to smooth out the jagged pieces just in case.

4. How would you suggest smoothing it out?

sorry,i'm terrible at DIY...

might just run it under water quickly then give it a go.

thanks for the advice by the way

5. I'm not sure.  Maybe fine sandpaper, but I don't know.  I guess the main this is to make sure there are no jagged pieces that might break off easily.

6. What I used to do is slowly slide the jagged part on cement, eventually smoothing it down. 

That, or use my Dad's grinding machine he has in the basement. No idea what it's called, but it's a rough material that looks like a saw basically. I just spin that rough thing around and slide the glass on it, smooths it right on up. 

7. Should be able to use sand paper, careful not to cut yourself though.

8. Sandpaper is a no go, you either blow torch it or trash it. Heating and cooling will cause further chipping and you'll inhale glass.

9. Mmm. pretty dirty. let it go, get a new one.

10. hmmm, ok i think i'll just order a new one, 20£ isn't the end of the work.

Thanks guys.