i need help with an inline fan. please help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by polorican82, Dec 13, 2006.

1. It looks beautiful, but without more details, manufacturer, model, etc., it's difficult to recommend. It might be noiser than a jet-plane, for instance.

-mu

2. i have that same fan just got it at the local hardward store... i wired it to a plug and slapped into the duct work.. its rather quiet actually but the suction is not great... depends on how you are going to use it i guess. im pushing the warm air from my furnace to a room farther down the run.

3. im sorry but if you could be alittle more specific. if you could compare the noise to something and if it pulls as much air as it says it does. 300 cfm is what im looking for.

4. Most fans are designed to pull air, rather than push it. For every meter of ducting between the fan and the exhaust, you lose CFM. For instance, the S&P TD160 (a good fan, 160cfm) is only 118cfm when pushing through two meters of ducting. If you have to push through any length of ducting, the cfm drop needs to be factored into your calculations.

-mu

5. ok to be more specific... i really cant hear the fan at all.... maybe like an oscillating fan... surely not an annoyance. and in regards to the cfm... i highly doubt this thing is pulling 300cfm (I wouldn't think it would be enough for a carbon filter) <--- i could be wrong tho

of course it didn't seem as good as my grotek hurricane fan, but you get what you pay for...

6. I have the same fan (want it?), it does not push air well through more then a foot or two of ducting. It works if it does not have to be attached to ducting. Bottom line its not a good pump. No HVAC guy will tell you to install one of them anyplace. You might have to just bite the bullet and get a real inline duct fan that will move air through several feet of ducting. The CFM rating is misleading in most cases. A small PC fan has the same CFM rating as my 4" Fantech duct blower.

This is a good fan at a pretty good price:
    [​IMG]

Or you can be like me and be the proud owner of a usless propeller in a tube.
    Best of luck, R.