I need help...will my plants survive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jackmann7, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Ok so my plants are 2 weeks into flowering and my mom just told me that we are going to florida for like a week. So I will not be able to water my plants. Will buying an aqua globe work. i might be able to have a friend come over and water the plants once but im not sure about trust reason I NEEEED HEEELP!!

2. play sick don't go to Florida and have party at home !

and no they wont surrvive

3. #3 MrMatrix, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    I'm going on vacation for a week for christmas and was looking around for ways to keep my plants watered.

I came across a method called "water wicking" where you place a string (nylon, shoelaces, etc) from a container full of water to the bottom of your potted plant. The container is below where the potted plant is and the water will travel along the wick whenever your plant wants water due to capillary action.

Here is a very crude visual :D

[​IMG]

4. Mr. Matrix very helpful, but how sure ru that they this method works

5. Very sure. Due to capillary action, the plant physically pulls water through and off the wick whenever it wants a drink. African violet growers use it a lot. It's used more in hydroponics I believe and there are more ways than 1 to setup a water wicking system. Just look around and find what will work for you.

If you want to do this I would suggest building it before you leave and get a few test days in to see how much water, how many wicks, etc you need to use.

6. it does work but i dont think it will work well like that people use water wicks all the time a shoelace wont cuz it u need a very big thick wick that absorbs alot of water and u need to insert the wick from the bottom of the bucket and have ur water underneather to get full affect look up water wicking