Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need help urgently

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by raidershero, May 11, 2012.

1. I have a close family friend who has had 11 back surgeries over the last 10 years and is in an incredible amount of pain. 2 of the surgeries were fusions and the during the second fusion they removed the first fusion in order to do the second one. Oh and they left a piece of plastic and a screw in his back during his last surgery which is entangled in connective tissue now so bad that it can't be removed without further complications. He also suffers from neuropathy in his legs and feet from diabetes. Here is a list of the medications and doses he is curently taking:

Fentora\t\t\t800mcg\t\t\t3-4 hours as needed
    Fentanyl patch\t 100 mcg/hr x2\t\tevery 3 days
    Lyrica\t\t\t 50 mg\t\t\t3 times daily\t\t
    Klonopin\t\t\t1 mg \t\t\t3 /day
    Cimbalta\t\t\t3 capsules/30mg\t daily
    Effexor\t\t\t3 capsules\t\t morning
    Diovan\t\t\t1 tablet\t\t\tdaily
    Actoplus-met\t\t1 tablet 50/850\t\t3/day
    Metoclopramide 10 mg\t\t\t before meals
    Carafate \t\t\t10 ml \t\t\tmorning

In addition, he is allergic to:
    Norco
    Morphine
    Versed
    Flagel
    Vicodin
    Most pain relievers

Right now his Fentora is only being issued in a 30-day supply, but he consistently falls short by about a week. During this time he not only experiences pain but sever opiate withdrawals too. He's tried MMJ once before about 5 years ago but told me it put his head in a bad place and he felt extremely anxious and paranoid. Would a strain with a low THC/high CBD content be right for him? I know they're rare, but I recently came across an ATF pheno that had 7.9% THC and a WHOPPING 10.6% CBD. It was the best pain/stress relief med I've experienced. Unfortunately the grower has moved from outdoor to indoor and the meds aren't the same.

I really hope someone can offer me at least some advice on where I can get some solid info regarding what to do here because when I talked with him over the phone yesterday he flat out told me if the pain continues like this any longer he's going to kill himself.:eek: I don't want that on my conscience. Please help if you can, and don't BS me. If you're not certain just pass on by. Thank you in advance for anyone willing to take a stab at this.

Growing may be an option for him as well. He lives in a remote area and could grow outdoor no problem. If anyone knows a seedbank that has some truly medicinal genetics please share.

2. Im sorry about all this..maybe try the seed bank forum...there may be more answers for you there.

3. This saddens me. My very unprofessional opinion is that your friend sounds like an exact candidate for MMJ. You said he's tried it before but it put him in a bad place. I believe that 1/2 the effect of marijuana is reliant on your environment.

4. You're absolutely right about environment. I just got off the phone with him and my mother is up there helping him get set up with a vaporizer and some MMJ. I told him to make sure she stays with him and to put on some relaxing music and maybe have her rub his temples if it starts getting out of hand. Key thing is I told him to make sure he's in a good place in his head before he starts and to just take one pull on the vape and let it sink in before going any further. I'm so nervous right now I may just break out my vapor genie.:(

5. #5 kryptiq, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    It'll straighten out your buddy man, try some Harlequin, tastes like hell but CBD % can be off the charts(hypothetically speaking). Don't know what your buddy is going through, but I do think I know how you feel, stay strong for your friend.

As for that pheno, if it turns out he dislikes the psychoactive effects grow the ATF, if he likes it maybe move to some high CBD and thc strains like Ripped Bubba or Jack the Ripper from Subcool TGA seeds.

6. Yes, I've heard good things about Subcool genetics. I've never grown before so this seems like a very steep learning curve for a condensed amount of time. Thanks for the tips.

7. I'm pleased to say that we were successful. I talked him into getting a volcano and he used some of the MMJ his daughter had got for him recently. Not sure what it was, but he called me this morning and said he slept like a baby and pain free last night. Yeah!:D

8. Great news, raidershero.

9. thats good to hear man:)

10. thats great to hear medi tree worked it works for pain for me and also i was addicted to shooting up pain pills at my worst if i didn't have god's gift mary jane id be dead in so dope house right now its so good to hear its working for other people like it did for me good luck and god bless

11. Thank you to everyone. Looks like he is interested in continuing down this avenue and we'll be setting up our own grow to keep him in the green. Problem is we live several counties apart. Anyone know the legality of transporting meds from one county to the next in Cali? I've been researching this for months and I'm fairly certain its okay, but it also seems like a bit of a grey area.

12. On a side note, anyone ever tried Subcool/TGA's Space Dawg? By the description it sounds to me like it would be perfect for him, as it treats anxiety AND pain. You can check it out here:
    Sub Cool Seeds