Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need help pt.2

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Lio14, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Hi, so in my original post I talked about a weird feeling in my throat when smoking. I dealt with that for a solid amount of time, and I just kept smoking anyway. That sort of developed into something I guess, and now when I smoke I get a weird feeling in my stomach, which by now I chalked down to anxiety. I guess the throat thing was anxiety as well. Also, I think I get pretty paranoid when I'm high. It's just not a really enjoyable feeling, and I never get that relaxed, head spinning feeling that all my friends talk about. For me, it's always been a weird physical feeling. I also used to immediately drink a lot of water when I smoked, because I thought that helped, but, as I said, it was just anxiety.

So basically anxiety and paranoia when I smoke. Obviously I haven't been doing it, because why would I when it's so unpleasant. The thing that still makes me mad is that I would love to smoke and enjoy it like everyone else, but I guess my brain just doesn't want me to. However, why am I the only person I know who can't enjoy being high? If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or anything I would be very grateful.

TL;DR: I get anxiety and paranoia when I smoke, so I just stopped. However I would like to be able to enjoy it. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. Weed is not for everyone. Some people love it, others hate it.

I would suggest trying an Indica if you can, just to see if there's
    a difference. Indicas tend to be a body high and relax you more.
    Sativas tend to make some people paranoid.

Other than that, maybe weed just isn't your thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I will, thank you. Maybe not, but it sucks that I have to be the guy who can't smoke it.

4. As Blix pointed out and as this is your yet second thread on this same situation

I need help

Weed ain't for everyone

5. Yeah, fair enough. Once again I find it unfortunate that I have to be the one who it isn't for lmao.

6. Maybe instead of considering why it has be you that can’t smoke weed, maybe consider the reason why you feel so pressured to
    Smoke weed in the first place ? Why is it that big of a deal ? Is it because your friends with stoners and are trying to fit in ? You went so far as to make a account on GC and post about it ? I
    Think Your issues are more than weed related and before you even consider smoking weed figure out the underlying issues that cause this in the first place, as all above have stated weed isn’t for
    Every one. Especially for those with mental or some medical issues. It rips
    Away your ego and exetinial (sp?) self when your tolerance is really low like yours. Any ways have a good one im stoned sorry for the ramble lol

• Like Like x 4
  7. Poster above me, hit the nail of the head imo.

Without repeating it, I am curious on how much are you smoking, how are you smoking it? I know some people that if they smoke too much, the weed can come on too strong for them. Rather than BAM in your face high, they like a more gradual toke.

I have always suggested, take a hit, wait 20 minutes and see how you feel. There is a mentality especially when smoking with friends, that people NEED to get smashed. This is particularly an issue for people who are trying it for the first time or for those who do not have a tolerance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi! This is a very good point. Lets start off by saying I was never pressured into smoking weed, it has never been about ego or about the image that I wanted to project of myself to others. I was just very curious and one day I tried it. Even after I started smoking, and my dealer was a good of mine of several years, he never particularly encouraged me to keep smoking or keep buying it from him.
    It's also worth noting that when I first started smoking, I had that carefree and happy high that everyone has. When things started getting more stressful for me is when I started having bad highs. In fact this recent period of paranoia was a particularly bad period, so go figure I guess.
    As for how much, in my case it was about 2 times a week since this September, and I would say there is between 0,4 and 0,5 in a spliff (I live in Europe).
    I obviously haven't been smoking, and I want to wait about 3 weeks to a month before smoking again.
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Edit. I also don't believe I have any medical issues, physical or mental. Thanks lol.