I need help please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by needhelpyo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. This is my first time growing and im going into my 4th week of veg.decided to use organic dirt. im using grow big, but not sure how often i should be using it and do i need to spray them or poor it in with the water? lighting - 2 cfl 1000 w bulbs 15/9hrs. for some reason the very bottom two leaves they started from are turning yellow with brown spots and curling up. im not sure what that would be from. if anyone can help me out or refer me to a link on step by step veg that would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Seems you might have started your grow a bit early. Cannabis is easy to grow, but you have to follow a few simple rules. Those are some small plants for 4 weeks vegging. The dirt looks sub par, I tend to like some perlite in my soil to aid drainage.

Are you saying you have two cfls that are actually 1000 watts, or are they equivalent watts? You need to go by actual watts. The small size and stretching make me think you don't have enough light on them. Any particular reason for your on/off schedule?

The two bottom leaves (the cotyledons) will yellow and die off as the plant matures. Nothing to worry about there.

Sorry not a more cheerful post, but those plants look sad. :(

If you are convinced on growing with CFL's, here is a guide on them. Here is a general guide for beginners and here is another grow guide to help you out.

A little research and some dollars invested and you can join those of us that don't buy weed anymore, I'm sure.
    Welcome to the site and good luck with your grow. :smoking:

3. well i started them off with a desk lamp lol i had to get them into dirt they were going crazy at the beginning. but the bulbs are 1000 watts each now.i have one in a 10" dome, for the plants you seen but the other in one of the clip on desk lamps. they are just coming out of the dirt. i do plan on getting a dome for those as well if that best. that light schedule was the easiest to do with my work schedule. and thanks alot for the links ill definitely check them out.

4. 1,000 watt CFL's? Where can I buy those?

J

5. 1000 watt equivalent cfl Recent image by ladyj086 on Photobucket although if it were me i would just get 10 100w equiv cfl and spred em out