I need help moving my plant outside from indoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tylerCO, May 18, 2012.

1. I have been growing this plant since last year around September and its now geting that time of year i am wanting to plant it in the ground i am wondering how to go about this i like when my plants are reaching for the sky and last year i threw a plant outside and its leaves droooped bad!! so all tips and suggestions is appreciated and what i should expect and possible things i need to buy also if u have cheap nutrients to suggest thanks

[​IMG]

2. from the looks of it ,you might do better chopping it up into clones then put them outside. otherwise your structure is wrong. but thats just what i would do.

3. Do you care much about that container? Your best bet would be to dig a LARGE hole and fill He bottom half with good soil, set your plant it, cut off the bucket, then fill the soil in around it.

The other way to do it you will need some help to hold the container up and ease the root ball out while you hold the base of the stem. You would need someone to catch the rootball (or more than one person) so it doesn't snap off or fall apart. Then have them gently ease the rootball down while you support the plant by the stem. And same as above, fill the soil in around it.

I used large fabric pots this year so I could just plant them into the soil and let the rots grow through the fabric. No transplanting required.

4. Nice plant bro

5. #5 mjmama25, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    Oh yeah, about the drooping. You shouldn't just take an indoor plant straight out into the harsh sun. It helps to move it out to to a shady spot and give it a couple hours of sun a day before putting it in full sun. It's called hardening them off. It also helps to use the same brand or mix of soil for the whole grow so you don't shock the plant. If you start in FF then switch to sunshine mix for example when you transplant, some plants don't like that.

6. Thanks fior the advice i was planning on cutting the pot off when i decide to put in in the ground and ok thanks for the explanation of hardening the plant i was a bit confused by that

7. mjmama25's advice is much easier than what i suggested. my thoughts are towards how big of a monster you got if flowered as is

8. You're very welcome. That's a wonderful plant you have there. I would top her two main stems to make her bush out more. If you don't top her she well get ridiculously tall and hard to manage. A twenty ft plant in the wind is hard to prop up. You don't want to lose all that hard work having the main stalk split in half. I had that happen to a plant that was almost identical to that. Same height and two main stems. One stem just fell over all the sudden. It sucked. So you'll probably want to stake that up very soon.

9. thanks alot i got a bamboo stick holdin it atm i got to get some bigger ones for both sides. and im topping both the main stems today this site is awesome thanks alot guys :) ill post more pics as it progresses for sure also i put her out yesterrday a couple hours was fine and i put her out today and without like 45 min she was droopin a little prob cuz it was more hot today

10. and btw guys its growmn atleast 5 inches since i posted that pic shes a monster just growing haha im scared to plant her in the ground when shes ready

11. im gonna cut like 2 clones off her to grow untill next year again can u clone without gel or anything?

12. damn lol. i would cut everything from the bottom foot or so and plant it deep. the stock is already two thin for the height so yea 1 good gust of wind wind will take that down unless u do something. i would also get a cage for it make it more bushy. but if you treat her right ur gona a good bit of bud.

13. my plan is im gonna take the clones from the bottom and plant it firmly of course with about 2 feet of root organic soil or more just a whole bag and ill get a cage for it great idea whatshould i do to make sure the wind wont take it down im in colorado and where im at the wind can get kind of bad also im planning on using nutrients and etc of course

14. taking your clones from the top might serveyou better. you want to spread it not go for skyscraper status. most just smoke their cuttings so as long as you're happy ,thats all that really matters:wave::smoke:

15. :) yeah ill keep updated with pics im i topped the two main stems today so see how that goes

16. [quote name='"tylerCO"']im gonna cut like 2 clones off her to grow untill next year again can u clone without gel or anything?[/quote]

You can clone without gel but you will need a dome for sure. Anything clear that you can put over the clone to keep it humid while it roots. They are REALLY cheap at the hydro store. I can get rapid rooters, a dome set up, and cloning gel all for $20 here.