I need help making a website a simple web form

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalTechniq, May 18, 2011.

1. Some relatively cheap dont need that fancy gay shit don't just a fucntional web forum.

2. Use Wix.com, it is free and relatively wasy to use. I love it and have created 5 websites using it. The only problem is that if you have a free acc your url will need to have wix in it. (http://www.example.wix.com)

3. How much traffic can it hold? I would rather have a hosted web site as i expect moderator to heavy traffic and would like to generate revenue though ads.

4. What exactly are you trying to do?
    And what makes you think "nothing fancy" will yield heavy traffic?
    And you have stated two separate things...you said a "form" and a "forum". Which is it?

5. For now a basic web forum no fancy graphics something fuctional no need ecyption or any thing overly techincal. Then traffic won't heavy intially but i would expect pick up rather quickly.

6. It has unlimited storage and traffic.

7. The intent of the website is to generate revenue with vendor ads and google generated ads. Also has to be easily found with google. If anybody is familiar with building website/forums. How much should I expect to spend? How many hours would a simple project typically need to complete? Any feedback of offers would be appreciated.

8. #9 DDV, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    It really depends how familiar you are with building websites. CSS/HTML and possibly graphics..

An easy alternative would be something like Weebly or Yola. If you know your CSS and HTML I suggest starting out with something more customizable and open-source, like Ucoz or even Tumblr.

Free Website Builder | Make Your Own Website with Free Templates at uCoz.com

Both give the user the complete ability to mess around with the site's design via CSS and HTML. Ucoz is a bit more flexible, you might wanna try that.

Edit: As for the costs, the domain name (if you're going to buy your own) should run somewhere between $5-$30 depending on the name. The cost of software (if you're going to use it) could be pretty expensive. Though I've built a pretty awesome site without using any software. Also, if you're going to make your own graphics you're going to spend some money on PhotoShop, but you could easily find a free alternative like Gimp.
    http://www.gimp.org/

All in all I've spent under $15 before on a pretty decent website (not forum).

Good luck! :wave:

9. #10 OGKushBlazer, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    For the basics, an hour.
    For a clean cut site, two-three hours.

10. It really depends. If you're going to use an easier builder, or if you're going to do it from scratch.

I've done HTML sites that take me a couple of days, with graphics included.

11. I need an forum that is all I need do you think roughly two can build a good website and host it for 2 months

12. #13 DDV, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Look, if you want a simple forum try weebly.
    Create and Manage a Forum

It's the easiest forum builder out there. If you don't wanna pay anything, you could use a subdomain, something like

myforum.weebly.com

or you could buy your own domain, like:

myforum.com

that'll cost somewhere between $5-$30, for a year-3 years.

Weebly is free, but there will be an ad for weebly at the bottom of the site. You can ad your own google ads like you wanted to.

Using weebly, you can build a forum in like 10 minutes. It easy, anyone could do it.

If you want a more professional and thorough forum/website, refer to my third post.

13. Well I just got a copy of Vbulletin now i just need address and host right how do i get it up for adds and shit>!?!?

14. I am completely lost lol

15. Vbulletin is really not the easiest way to make a forum.

Good luck with that man lol. If you don't plan on making it a large forum with a decent member base then there's really no use to it.