I need an email program

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Cactus Ed, Jun 24, 2018.

1. I've been using the email program in Windows 7 but my laptop finally bit the dust and now I have Windows 10. The mail program sucks, there's no message rules to put incoming mail into new folders so I need a useful program. I don't really use email that much, maybe 10 messages a day. I tried mailbird but unfortunately either it doesn't work with my email provider or I'm not sophisticated enough to set it up properly. Probably the latter. Any suggestions for an easy to use email program?

Oh God I hate getting a new computer. It seems to me that with each advance I get dumber and dumber.

2. Can't you sign into your email providers website you check?? I use an app but I can also sign into the website & view emails ect

3. Yes, that's how I'm checking my mail now but it's not that convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh I don't know then man it depends on who you're email account is with, I use an app called Email on my phone/laptop & you can sign into multiple email accounts it's pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can you make folders for your inbox and message rules so that incoming mail goes into the appropriate folder? Did your email program come with Windows or did you get it separately?

• Like Like x 1

6. I don't think you can do that on it man not 100% sure though, I got it from the Google play store it wasn't already installed it's free though so it might be worth a shot

7. Thanks friend. I'll look into it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I'm not liking Windows 10 at all. I'm completely lost and there's no directions. And my grandson is in jail so he can't help.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is a way you can go back to the old windows if you preferred it, this might help you

How to uninstall Windows 10 and revert back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 | TechRadar

You may have to buy a Windows 7 disc to install but it shouldn't cost alot a couple of £/$ if that

10. I can't go back because this is a new laptop, it never had windows 7. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out. I appreciate it though.

• Like Like x 2

11. No worries man hopefully you figure it out, it can be a nightmare at times my old man doesn't seem to like it either he was used to the old windows

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wish they would stop improving this shit. Pretty soon it'll be so great I won't know how to turn it on

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. It's shit once you get used to it they add some other pointless feature to it & you're lost again

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm with you Ed. I'm using an old IPad 2 and dreading having to upgrade for casual use. I've always been pretty Good with computers but just seems like a lot of trouble to learn a new operating system....Rather spend my remaining brain cells on stuff I enjoy.. Lol
    :makeup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It says go to the control panel..Fuck, I can't find the control panel in Windows 10. Thanks, I'll figure it out

16. Hope this helps you out. Let me know.

17. Thanks Bears but the email app in windows 10 works fine, it just doesn't have the features I've grown used to having such as message rules and folders. I think I'm going to use Outlook, it has a lot of features that I'll never need but at least it has what I want.

18. #19 Vee, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Opera Browser may still have the free email app attached

very handy thing in its day

with opera having its own VPN too

worth a look IMO

Opera Mail Basics Tutorial

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  19. You might try Mozilla Thunderbird, it's free (open source).