I need advice

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by weedman456, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I was going to use two 100 watt metal halide bulbs but didn't realise I needed a ballast for each. That is pricey. So my problem is trying to figure out how Manny CFL bulbs to use to make this box an awesome grow box.

Attached Files:

2. 20 CFL BULBS in my box at1250 lumens a piece. Does anyone think that's too much? Or not enough?

3. Depends. How many plants are you planning on growing?

You need at least 100 watts per plant then 50watts for each additional plant. Not the equivalent but actual wattage. 24 watt cfl bulbs = 75 watts incandescent.

You would need 5 24 watt cfl bulbs for 1 plant and an additional 2 cfl bulbs for each plant after that.

So yeah 5+ and make sure you get 6500k bulbs for vegetative and 2700k for flowering.

Hope this helped ;)

4. What exactly is 6500k and 2700k? What is the k kilowatts?

5. I was going to put 4 on each side and 2 on top. That would make 10 in all. What do you think? I could also run splitters and make that 20. Too much rite. No more than 3 plants in this box.

6. What size fan??? Was going to get a 140 mm or a 200 mm and draw out the top. Does anyone think ill need more than one to create a negative pressure in there?