I need advice on mailing a vaporizer.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CanIMailIt, May 7, 2012.

1. Hi! I am looking into purchasing the Magic-Flight Launch Box relatively soon, but being a college student who goes to school in a different state than where I grew up, I move back and forth between home and school for summer and winter breaks. I plan to order the box and have it sent to my school because I will be here for a couple weeks after finals with not much to do. However, I would like to mail the box to my home one state over (this won't be an issue with my parents or anything, I'm only concerned about mailing it). I am flying home, but I assume that mailing it is a safer alternative to packing it in my checked bags for the flight, so if I am making a false assumption please let me know. My main inquiry is whether the Magic-Flight Launch Box can be cleaned well enough to send in the mail without any risk of something happening between it leaving my college and reaching my home (xray inspections, drug sniffing dogs, etc.) and me getting in trouble. I know I probably sound pretty paranoid, but before I purchase it I want to know how risky it would be to send it in the mail after having used it and cleaned it as best as I can. Thanks for reading all of that, I'd really appreciate any feedback or advice that anyone may have.

2. To be completely honest, there is no real way to clean an mflb completely, and I think it would be an undue risk if the packages get searched.

You would be better to get a thermovape. Unlike most vapes you can take it apart and literally drop everything in a bath of ISO or boiling water to clean it. That way if they open your package they can't do a thing.

3. I bought my volcano used off ebay. It was just cleaned thoroughly before shipment. If there is no noticeable traces of weed in there, you should be fine.

4. The volcano is a much different story, it's a convection vape which at no point has any vapor or herb going through it. Portable; that's not an option, there is going to be residue, and the only way to safely mail it is to be able to sterilize it.

5. Correct, but the valve, valve pins, and screen need to be sterilized, cant ship those after just using them. and yes the volcano is not portable, its a desk vape

6. When returning a MFLB for warranty purposes they have you wrap it in tin foil then mail it. I do not thing this is 100% effective, but I also don't think the risk is as large as you think it is.

Shipping over-night always helps reduce risks.

7. #7 Longbones, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    You can't clean it completely, but you have two options:

1) Mail it USPS--they need a warrant to search your mail; FedEx and UPS don't. Basically the only way it'll get opened is if a K-9 sniffs your mail (I haven't heard any credible evidence saying that this even takes place, but I suppose it's a possibility). Put a false return address on if you're worried about legal consequences.

To be even more careful, brush the screen with iso and evaporate it off with the battery, then wrap the box in several baggies and put it in a relatively airtight container (tupperware or a mason jar). Any trick you've heard about 'masking' the smell doesn't work--i.e. the 'put it in a coffee can' trick. Dogs smell in layers; they'll smell both the coffee and the weed regardless of the concentration of each.

Also, overnight shipping does help—it doesn't give them time to search your mail even if they got the warrant. Plus, the MFLB is small enough that overnight shipping for that weight of package will be relatively cheap.

2) Take it in your checked luggage. It may seem less safe but I've never had any problems. I've had my bags go through 'random' searches twice (haha, guess I fit their profile of a drug user...). I had the MFLB rolled up in a pair of socks with a bunch of dirty clothes and they never found it. TSA isn't as careful as you'd think—they only want to air your metaphorical dirty laundry. lol

Another trick I've heard of is to put some pencil shavings in the box and stick it in a pencil case with some other school supplies. Bet you your glass collection they don't look twice (this is what I'm going to do next time I travel if I don't mail it).

8. Just mail it USPS, packed well, and obviously clean it as well as you can. You'll be fine, I guarantee it.

I have bought Volcanos where people have sent me ridiculous dirty pieces like they didn't even care. With all of the stuff I've received in the past I honestly don't see a risk. As long as it doesn't obviously smell like MJ then there would be no reason your package would be opened to begin with.

Think of how much mail is being sent a day...

9. Oh for crying out loud. Send it fedx or ups if it's such a worry.

10. #10 Grimes, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    A simple solution would be to buy 2 Mflb's. Use one unit at college and then take the untainted unit with you to your parents house. It's small enough to be hidden almost anywhere so stashing it there shouldn't be an issue. This way you are guaranteed to always have a decent vape no matter where you are.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm trying to ship an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer via USPS, but I'm afraid they might find residue on it, even though there doesn't appear to be any. What are your thoughts? I could ship it via UPS or FedEx, but of course that would be more expensive. The buyer is paying for shipping, though.

12. OP is 5 years old you shouldn't have a problem shipping it, people post drugs via the mail all the time and get away with it, you shouls be fine

• Like Like x 1