I NEED advice!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by stoneRR, Sep 11, 2008.

1. It has been quite a wonderful wednesday, besides the mere fact that my grandma (I live with my grandparents, btw) found my Illadelph. I came home from rock climbing to smoke a bowl and he was gone. My heart sank, but my aunt said that my grandma won't break him as long as he finds a new home. It seems she is upset by the fact that I disobeyed her rules and smoked/kept paraphenelia in the house. I can understand.

I'm going to talk to her, but I'm unsure of how I should be presenting myself and my opinions. First of all, I'm going to be apologetic. I must be. It is essential if I am to persuade her. Secondly, I am going to provide her personal experiences of how weed has positively affected my life. This is tricky because her "facts" on weed are either complete distortions or extremely blatant and false lies/misinformation. I've talked to her about weed before and she just doesn't understand anything I say. She thinks I will develop two personalities and lead a troubled life. It is quite frustrating really, but it is a part of my current lifestyle and I'm doing great, in school and out of it. I got a 94% on my AP Psyche test which I studied for high. I'm high around my family a lot and they never seem to notice. I feel great, I'm happy, and I'm content with myself.

This is really just a rant to better organize my thoughts and to calm myself down. I'm sure some of you have been in a similar situation, how did it go? I don't wanna lose $230!!

2. Tell her exactally what you just told us... Sounds like you know what to do.

- Be apologetic
    - Tell her how weed has positively changed your life.
    - Tell her the facts; get her to believe that weed is therapuetic, medically used, not taboo (which are true anyways)
    - Tell her about how good you are doing in school, that it doesnt effect your personality or motivation in life.
    - ...... Then spark up a fatty and pass it to her. She will forget anything happened. Problem solved.

3. Good luck man. You sound like a decent person, sounds like at least you're doing well academically. More than I could have said at your age. Hopefully she'll listen you your arguement and return what was taken . . . .

4. Just tell her your are a friend AcidTrip and she will let you do whatever you want hahahha bro you know what to do ;) best of luck

5. I told her everything I know about marijuana. Everything and then some. I told her to be willing to listen and accept what I have to say and to look at it in a different perspective. She was pretty much speechless the entire time. I corrected her when she brought in misinformed statements. At the end of it all, she said she would think about it. I feel it has gone well. I was clear, concise, and to the point. I apologized, then I spread knowledge. I hope she will let me keep the bong here.

I truly hope she will understand how much safer it is to smoke at my house than at some party or in public. I hope she now has at least a clear, unbiased idea of marijuana. I told her she could smoke with me because I KNOW that if she smoked, it would help her knees tremendously and she wouldn't have to rely on pills for pain management (not that she does, but she does complain of pain). I know marijuana is alright, and I just hope she will understand that too.

Best case scenario: she lets me keep the bong in the house and will let me smoke and have friends over

Worst case scenario: she will force me to find him a new home and possibly not allow friends come/sleep over.

peace

6. Sounds like you're rocking it pretty solid in school man, I'd go with the advice of previous posts but if she isn't down afterwards I'd try and understand. Most people aren't going to change their perceptions overnight and finding a piece is probably not the best way to start the transformation. If it doesn't work out, go climb more...a hard line or even just one gnarly move always solves my problems when I can't fall back on the green. Oh, some advice that isn't mine...(paraphrasing here) "losing a piece isn't losing the plant..."

7. Wikipedia shows all the major medical institutions that support marijuana. You can also show her information from there as to the fact that a lot of the so called "facts" were a bunch of bullshit experiments made by the government decades ago that have been debunked.

8. It probably wouldn't hurt to show her abovetheignorance.org and norml.org.