Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need advice from people who are impartial.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Joedahoe, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I'm a beat maker. Makin beats for 4 months now. And of you heard some of my pieces, I'm pretty good. I think I just have a huge knack for it ppl tell me all the time. Prodigy has been thrown around, not because I think I'm the shit, but because I've become so engrossed with music. I make bets everyday now... They bang out. I work a minimum wage job, I wanna start networking my beats more seriously and quit my job for now and just focus on that. I live with my parents still through college.
    But they said of I want to quit working for a bit todo something I feel I'll be big in( which for some strange reason no matter how the odds are against me I feel like I will be a well known producer, it's just a strong gut feeling I got) idk I'm stressed with school, work, and other shit. But I feel like if I quit and jut smoke and make my beats and network I'll get something done for myself. Maybe I'm just being stupid who knows.

Just needed some fresh thoughts.

Keep :bongin:

2. stay in school :cool:

3. gotta do what you love, but a lot of jobs like to see a college education of some sort nowadays. any links to your work by the way? Or are you holding off till you sell it for the big bucks? :D

4. I should of been clearer. I don't want to quit school. I want to quit my job and while I find a new one try an network my beats, get my logo going, put it on a shirt. Etc.....

5. Seems like a lack of motivation.
    If you have time to make quality beats, and quality takes time, then why can't you focus less on making new music and more on pushing the music you already have? Also, a logo and shirt isn't to hard to make...

Are you a frequent smoker? Try quitting or cutting back and gaining more motivation.

6. [quote name='"AlwaysDizzy"']Seems like a lack of motivation.
    If you have time to make quality beats, and quality takes time, then why can't you focus less on making new music and more on pushing the music you already have? Also, a logo and shirt isn't to hard to make...

Are you a frequent smoker? Try quitting or cutting back and gaining more motivation.[/quote]

Yeah heavy smoker for 8 years

7. so care to show us some of your tracks?

8. I am in college making beats on the side too. Sell your beats online and you can make nice money on the side if your good.

9. Yeah man tunes please.

10. If you can afford to continue to make music, go to school, and live comfortably right now, without any more income - then yeah, go ahead and quit to do what you're passionate about! If you can't, but it feels like it's worth the risk, you can still go for it- you've still got your parents to fall back on if needed.

But if none of that is true for you, then keep working, save money on the side, prepare for the future - it takes money to make money.

11. I appreciate all the advice from everyone. Gnna burn real quick and I'll post links to my soundcloud. Hope that everyone will like my shizzzz

12. I'm waiting to hear the OP's beats, I'll get it a shot and not judge before hand.

But I always think it's funny when I hear some one say they've been making beats for a few months, or rapping for a few months, or anything for a few months, and think they're great already.

13. [quote name='"ILLOGIK"']I'm waiting to hear the OP's beats, I'll get it a shot and not judge before hand.

But I always think it's funny when I hear some one say they've been making beats for a few months, or rapping for a few months, or anything for a few months, and think they're great already.[/quote]

Same here man.dont get me wrong I'm not lex Luger or anything but people tell me that with the progress I've made in just a few months that I'm really talented.

14. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.

15. post some beats

16. Its money to be made and you get out what you put in. Grind hard for a good month and see how far you can get, talent wise and financially. I'm in the same situation in a way, but I'm trying to find that right time to put school on pause.

17. Just finish school, and keep your hobby, a hobby until the right time.

18. [quote name='"BombedUp"']Its money to be made and you get out what you put in. Grind hard for a good month and see how far you can get, talent wise and financially. I'm in the same situation in a way, but I'm trying to find that right time to put school on pause.[/quote]

I hear you. Damn I'm running up and down high as fick doing last minute errands but when I get home I'll post to soundw.e I have

19. see if you can take some time off work, but stay in school, you are going to need something to fall back on if for some reason your music doesn't work out for you.

20. Dont be stupid. You wana quit your job?! Jobs are hard to come by nowadays and your lucky you have one! Anyway if you quit how you going to afford your stuff? Think about it.

Logic.