I miss my dogs ????

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nativetongues, Aug 20, 2013.

1. #1 nativetongues, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    Now that I am moving out to college I can't take care of my two dogs anymore so my dad who is in another state on business took the dogs with him. I'm gonna be in my house for another week before I go to school and I have to say this is honestly one of the strangest feelings I've ever had inside my own home. When I come home it doesn't feel like the same place that it used to be. I always expect to hear barks or the sound of tapping feet running around the house. For the first time in my life that I can pretty much remember my house is dead fucking quiet. I know I'll still be able to see them a couple times a year but everytime I feel like it will just be bittersweet.

I think part of the reason I feel so shitty about the whole thing is because for the past couple of months I've been super busy and never gave them the attention thy deserved. Because I would leave bongs out in my living room often I wouldn't let them come in and sit down with people. I wanted too but at the same time they would eat and knock over everything in the room so I often didn't give them much attention and had to keep them out of the room. My dogs have helped me through some of he darkest fucking times when I thought life was nothing but a shit deal they would show me with their dumb grins that everything would be alright. At first I think I thought that my life wouldn't change much without them but what I've come to realize is that I'm dead wrong. My life feels like its been changed upside down and it is part of growing up but damn change is hard. Idk why I wrote this but I felt like I had to get this out. Thanks for anyone kind enough to read. I feel like an asshole for complaining about something so small when so many people probably have some crazy shit to deal with.
    Tl;dr I really miss my dogs who moved away. Change is a bitch

2. Dogs are family so it's definitely tough, I feel ya.

3. Just be glad they aren't dead. You will get to see them a few times a year and that will make their month. They will miss you tremendously too.

Think about every time you leave the house to go to the store and come back. They act like you have been gone for weeks. They might even piss on the floor when they see you every couple months.

4. Trust me, I know the feeling! 

I moved from Florida (living with my parents), to West VA- to live with my boyfriend (and his parents). I brought my Belgian Shepherd with me. They also, have two dogs and two cats. We thought all the animals would get use to one another. Well, that isn't the case at all! Their un-neutered  chocolate lab has serious dog aggression issues and has very little training, compared to my dog.. Which they didn't tell me before hand
    The agreement for me to move up here, is I had to : find 1 job, and get school lined up for this fall semester. 
    I found 2 jobs, and was still working on school up til a week ago.. When his mom told him... I need to get rid of my dog, or move back to Florida.  
    With that being said, I considered the feelings I would go through of getting rid of my first pet dog. And knew immediately the decision was to move back to Florida. I put my two weeks in, one job let me go on the spot... and the other let me work the two weeks. (But I only work two days a week with them). 

So, I get it. I really do. If you need someone to chat with  - just send me a pm. I don't mind chit chatting. Good luck on your first semester in college. Don't forget to have some fun, while you're going to class completely toked! 
    -bR32

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqM5wtJ_2c

6. whoooaaa wait. fuck that
     are you sure you cant bring your dogs with you? are you living ina a dorm?
    i lived with my chick while she was at college and had my dog with me. of course she lived in an appartment

7. What kind of belgian?  I had a Groenendael and he was the most beautiful, loving dog ever.  Miss him so damn much.   :cry:

8. #8 br32, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    [​IMG] 
    He's a Mal. (ears down) He's a big baby! But he is very loyal, and listens very well.

This picture makes him look funny. But I love it.
    [​IMG]

9. ^ That first picture makes him like crrrrrrazy :laughing:

OP I understand how you feel. I had to leave my dog when I went to college. I was the one who raised her. She slept in my room at night (on my bed when she was still a little pup), I fed her, trained her, and played with her. My dad didn't like her at first because our other dog had just died (neighbor killed her for getting into his trash, seriously wtf), my sister was too young, and my mom doesn't like dogs. I treated her like a child haha. She is my dog, and it's a great feeling.

Then I left for college, and it sucked. But she still acted the same way when I came home to visit. And even when I moved away for a couple years and didn't return during that time, when I did come back.. she is still the same way. She's lying at my feet right now, although I'm moving out within a week anyway. :(

Point is, dogs will always remember you. As soon as you're able to see them again, it will be like nothing ever changed. It won't feel bittersweet for them (of course they can't understand the concept of you leaving again haha but still), so try and think like that while you're with them. Don't fret that you didn't give them attention you feel they deserved; make up for it in the future!

10. This was my baby boy, RIP love.

[​IMG]

11. ah man thats heartbreaking, hopefully your dad can give them plenty of attention. ill go scratch my dogs ear for you blade.