I microwaved a seed, will it still work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doggerjones, Dec 12, 2009.

1. I microwaved a tiny bud to test it out, and my plant is a hermie so naturally there was a seed in it. I microwaved it for about maybe 40 seconds, so im guessing its fucked?

2. For 40 seconds? I kind of doubt it will work to be honest. Is the seed still whole?

3. you making "pot corn"

lol

4. Way to long if you want to quick dry in microwave try only 8-10 sec wrapped in paper towel then pull it out for 30 sec before you put in it again. That seed is probaly no good. I like to quick dry in a CFL.

5. The seed just got all the moisture instantly leeched out of it by radiation or convenciton or radiowaves or however the fuck microwaves work, so you tell me.

Don't quick dry your bud in the microwave man.... that's retarded. Wrap it loosely in aluminum foil as airtight as possible and slow bake it in the toaster or oven if you must but god, do yourself a favor.

6. with in 24 hours of planting your seed it will sprout legs pop out of your pot and go on a rampage threw your city destroying every thing ZOMG WEEDZILLA!

Christ sake man havent you ever seen godzilla wtf are you thinking?

7. It's done. Microwaves heat the water molecules in an object using electromagnetic radiation(aka radio waves). The water molecules are forced into a frenzy which excites the molecules next to them, and so on and so on, until the food or item is hot. You cooked it.

8. i got another question. if the bud isn't mature, does that mean the seed isn't mature? it was green and pretty healthy looking but i dont know for sure

9. Let me get this right... You screwed up the plant u grew, so you microwaved it to dry it. That is the dumbest thing u can do, why would you spend all your time growing just to cook or microwave it. Next im pretty sure the seed will work if harvested at the right time even when microwaved a bit. But, only testing will tell. I wouldnt use the seed either way as it has a history of being a hermie.

10. i said i microwaved a tiny bud. it was like 1/10 or 2/10 of a gram, it wasnt much

11. Mature seeds are dark in color and are hard...Immature seeds are green/pale and pop if you squeeze them...only mature seeds will germinate/grow healthy

12. try it and find out

13. All you have to do is squeeze the seed between you thumb and forefinger with a fairly decent amount of pressure. Don't "try" to break it, but give it a good squeeze, if it cracks or pops, or does anything other than stay strong then it's a bad seed. Sounds like it was immature, so I doubt the microwaves changed it much.

14. Why not? He made feminized seed when he made a hermie. Granted, bombarding it with radiation sure won't help it but a femmed seed is a femmed seed.

15. I was under the impression that the only way to make feminized seeds was to start several hundred seeds and stress them as much as possible removing all the herms and males. What is left is a true female, aka true breeder. Then one of the branches is turned male by using hormones and chemicals and the resulting offspring and feminized. It's been my experience that Hermed seeds are about 1/3 female, 1/3 male, and 1/3 both.

16. I'd agree with this.

17. I didn't realize it was that complicated, I just thought that seeds from a hermied plant were femmed seeds.

Learn something new every day here and + rep to both of you for not being condescending dicks and plainly stating what you believe to be correct.

18. Yeah, the attitude as of late has been exceptionally lame.

The "I have 6,000 posts and I'm a paying member therefore I'm better than you are" people are effing hilarity. Like somehow spending all day on an forum precludes a person from being a troll and increases their IQ to a level we should all gawk at.

I do what I can, just trying to bring smiles into the world.

19. Haha that end made me laugh, but I agree there's nothing wrong with a hermie's seed.