i messed up my plant..!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by .HiGhGuY., Feb 24, 2007.

1. hey whats up........omfg....i am pissed. i am about 2 days away from 2 weeks of flowering, and my tallest plant is about 2 inches from the light, (400w hps, air cooled) not concerned about heat, unless, it actually touches the reflector lens. so i decided to tie it and the other taller plant down, first one, no problem, second one, (tallest of all) i go to tie down, and the main stem (about 5" from top of plant) bends almost completly in half, but no breakage, thank god. hahaha. it couldn't support it self though so i put a splint on it and tied it up good, and still tied down the top. my plants are already taking there time to flower, like i said i'm about 2 days away from being in flowering for 2 weeks and all the nodes don't even have pistills yet. how much is this going to slow down my plant? anything i can do to help it recover faster?

2. it will stunt it some. do you have superthrive, or are you able to get it? superthrive is a controversial subject here on the City, but after hearing some of the more respected members use it with sucess i bought some. they say it really comes into play when the plant is under stress/duress. also i've read many threads where the same thing happened that your talking about, and alot of times something like this will actually make the plant mature faster and be more resinous. something like the plant thinks it's gonna die, and it knows it's not pollinated yet, so it produces more sticky resin in hopes of catching pollen. on my last grow i had an insect problem, and the plant that was hit the hardest, turned out to be the strongest smoke and matured earlier-the same principal in effect here. so, it should be fine, maybe even beneficial. good luck!

3. The plant should heal itself and be fine.

BTW, if your plant isn't flowering yet then you aren't two weeks into flowering. I believe you mean you are two weeks into 12/12 lighting, but don't count the days of flowering until, well, flowering.