I love the dead!!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by jw2234, May 15, 2009.

1. ok so tonight i was bored as shit doing my fuckin science homework so i put on some grateful dead. I listened 2 my 3 absolute favorite songs (jack straw live, fire on the mountain live, and touch of gray) and even though i stopped vaping on weekdays, i think the vibes im getting from this music have persuaded me to do it. im still writing this fuckin paper but i will start soon enough. damn these songs make me feel good, when i get these feelings i cant even fuckin imagine wat it would be like for me to live in the 60s and 70s in the time of these guys. if i could go to a dead concert in 72 or any year around there, i would gladly give away everything in my room. my familys pretty rich too (my dads a lawyer), so this shit is pretty expensive

o shit i havnt told u guys bout my dad yet 2. so basically a while ago i went to his house with some friends and we smoked black n milds in his hot tub (no weed). when we were done we chucked them into the bushes. like a week later my dads driving me home from something and he says something about how his girlfriend was cleaning up the yard and found the plastic bottom things. this was actually serious 2 him caus some freaky people had been apparently driving around and checking her out (happened more than once) so he wanted to save them as evidence or something if something happened. so i told him we did them and he wasnt angry at all caus i told the truth. then he basically told me a lot more about his life as a teenage stoner. he said pretty much all he did was smoke. lol one time he toked b4 a rugby game of his and got absolutely layed the fuck out by somebody. he said all he remembered was he was running, he saw a guy running at him, and before he could realize wat was happening, BAAAMMM.

he also said he was ok with me doing it bcause he wishes everyday he could be a kid again, so he wants me to enjoy my life.
    hahahahah he also told me how to hide roaches from my mom, this shit is fuckin GENIOUS!!!

ok so wat u do is get a coke can and drink most of it. then u smoke and put the roaches in there to put them out. then u pour the rest of the coke out and crush it. after that all u have to do is put it in the outside trash caus it will smell. but isnt that smart as helllll????

2. Believe it or not I have had friends tell me that before! I almost don't believe it myself. that I already knew of that idea, but its true.

3. Total dead-head here, man. Try Dark Star, Ripple, Box of Rain, Terrapin Station, or That's It For The Other One while you're blazin'. So trippy.

4. wtf..... put it out in a coke can and dump the coke after.... wtf is that point of that nice hidin from ur mom lol :smoking:

5. hey man i love hearin about the younger generation jamming with the dead man. Peace

6. Yeah the Dead fucking owns, probably one of my favorite bands. Wish i could see them at Rothbury!

7. yeah man.. it was so great seeing so many younger heads at the shows.. nothing makes me happier :)

8. fucking necrophiliac you make me sick.

sorry if thats already a cliched joke among 'deadheads' but i thought it was hilarious.:D

9. Well I'll have to speak up in this thread just to add some information. Well sorry to say in this thread but I'm not a big dead fan.
    But my father is a HUGE fan and actually just went to a dead show (not the greatful dead but the dead since well Jerry died they are touring again under the name "the dead") and he said it was amazing.
    He used to go to a ton of the shows and tell me stories of people selling stuff (shirts, and more ;) ) in the parking lots.
    The stories I hear are amazing and even though I don't really like them I'd still like to go to a show.

Enjoy toking with the dead!

10. greatest thing to ever happen man, too much of anything is just enough! Cant get over the dead, nothing left to do but smile smile smile. Poke around archive.org man find any show you want, they have millions for free! Im jammin on 5-17-74 its pretty dank. promised land opener, precious dude. jack straw > dire wolf. musta been the roses, us blues and a nice me and my uncle closin, so sweet. Im hittin up the dead at rothbury, hoping for some us blues with fireworks, get a nice little notebook jot down the set... melt...

11. just saw em at shoreline. well it was the best experience ever tho. even though jerry wasnt there it sounded sooo good. for the first time ever my dad let me smoke so it was memorable. and im so excited for the fall shows. love the dead

12. i love how my name is Jerry Garcia :hello:

my teacher used to call me grateful dead sophomore yr, but i didnt know why, so i did some research and now i love jammin some good ol' grateful dead

13. I've listened to the Grateful Dead a few times. They're pretty good man. Very chill music I can dig. Need more time to get into them I guess.

14. Listening to grateful dead is one of those great things about life. It's so awesome how they could make every show completely different from one another. I'm 19 and saw the Dead for the first time at the Greensboro show. I thought I was hooked on them before but now I'm really hooked. As someone said above, archive.org is a great site with nearly every dead show played and gdradio.net is also a kickass site. All you have to do is go on the site and choose what program you want it to open in (itunes, windows media player etc.) and it's 24/7 playing of shows from all decades. They always play good stuff on there too...I always go to sleep to the dead and wake up to them! But yeah it seems like it takes a little time to grow a deep appreciation for the dead and really get into them.

15. Deadheads unite!

I haven't seen them, although I had a chance to see The Dead awhile back. I opted not to go, because I didn't know how they would be without Jerry. I wish I would have gone now.

My dad (Who is a fellow hippy, and toker) has seen The Grateful Dead about 4 or 5 times, and he always tells me great stories about them. My favorite story he told me was that one show, right before they started playing Casey Jones, Jerry whips out a bag of coke, snorts a line off the drumset, then passes the bag around to the first couple of rows. Don't know if its true or not, my dads memory is a little... "Off".

16. yeas deaz