I love my mom

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BudMASTAH, Jul 9, 2012.

1. My mom just gave me 3 years worth of some nice composted turned soil rich with composted fruits, vegs and other herbs. !! :D

What my question is though, how effective is home made compost when using on your babies? Is it great? I feel as if its the most organic substance you could use and you make it in your own backyard!

Lemme know gcity, :smoke:

2. Yes it is Very Great.

3. What would make you think its not ?

4. It could have loads of insects, be to much nutes for my plants, could possibly have chemicals that the city leaks into urban soil. The list goes on..

5. i start with %15 compost for seeds & cuttings, under a tall humidity dome and 23 watts and kelp meal

6. If your worried about it then don't use it on all your plants. Experiment.
    The worst thing that could happen is you learn something, good or bad.

BeZ...V

7. [quote name='"BudMASTAH"']

It could have loads of insects, be to much nutes for my plants, could possibly have chemicals that the city leaks into urban soil. The list goes on..[/quote]

Ah, thank you my good sir!

8. If you make your own compost it should be full of enough nutrition that its your only amendment.
    My ideal soil will consist of 3 ingredients, peat, compost, airation amendment.
    Every amendment you can think of can be composted and I've already discovered the longer the soil "cooks" the better. Composting all your chosen amendments only makes sense. Why amend home made compost and let it sit for longer?

BeZ...V

9. Kiss yer Momma, that's a nice gift!!!