I love my GF, but...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by stealthgrower, Apr 2, 2011.

1. So I'm coming to you GC because i'm confused.
    I love my girlfriend, I've been with her for over a year, and i can't think of a single day since we've been together that i've not wanted to be with her. She is an amazing girlfriend, and way better than I deserve. So then my question is, why do i still have feelings for other girls? I mean I'm not in love with other girls, but I have had some pretty big crushes on a few.
    I just spent the night with a group of friends, one of whom was a girl I've had a crush on for about 2 years. Every time I'm around her I just want to lean over and kiss her, but I never will. Not only do I not want to lose my girlfriend because it would suck for me, but i couldn't deal with myself if I hurt her like that.
    Normally it's not a huge problem I am usually able to distract myself by having fun with other people and stuff, but there are times like tonight. I gave her a ride home, and it was just the two of us. I dropped her off and she gave me a hug, and it was seriously difficult not act on those emotions. I hate that I even have these feelings.
    Isn't love supposed to be an exclusive thing? why when I have a girl who is better than anything I could have even dreamed of do I still want more? What do i do about it?

Sometimes I wish we could just share our love with everyone and not have to worry about hurting others just by sharing affection with someone else. It should make people happy not sad...

2. I had the same problem. Stick with what you have because you will regret it later. Please don't make the same mistake I made.

3. ^what he said

4. depends how old you are and how far along the relationship is. always remember "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

5. I have no intentions of messing up what I already have. I just don't get why i have these feelings when my girl friend really dose make me happy every single day. She goes out of her way to do things for me, and she doesn't even mention it, like it's stuff that everyone does all the time.
    I've never once questioned if she really loves me, not even a little bit, and I've never had a relationship like that before.
    So if she makes me so happy why do I still have these feelings?

6. natural man. no way to get rid of temptation and thoughts about other girls. just gotta control or act on your urges

7. Love is fucked up bro, you just gotta go with it. I was you for a long time, except it was my girl's best friend. Shit was complicated aye, and I fucked it up. I can't speak for you or anybody else, but I regretted it. It's just what it sounds like - a crush - not love. After any amount of time, of course you're going to start liking other people, liking what they offer, because everybody is different, nobody can provide everything... And because of the unknown. People shine in a completely different light when they're unknown, when you haven't seen inside them. But what you DO know is that you love your girl. And you know what will happen if you act on one of these crushes.

Best of luck bro. Bottom line, though, just live your life.

8. #8 ToastyRoadie, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011

Keep on keepin' on...:wave:

It's called life, we all go through it because we're human, most of us anyway.:smoke:

Stay away from alcohol or all bets are off.:devious: MJ is where it's at, stay true to yourself and your significant other.;):D

If you didn't get feelings like that, perhaps there's something wrong, I don't know, just don't act on the feelings and push them out of your brain fast.:cool:

Above all, don't put yourself in those situations with other girls if you can't handle your shit, ha ha, unless you were hoping deep down inside that something would finally turn out with your 2 year dream crush girl.:D:smoke:

Another stoners humble opinion.:smoke:

9. well, in evolution, spreading your genes comes first. thinking came second, and with it morals came along. naturally, most humans would like to have as many offspring as possible. but when you think about it, supporting them all would be very difficult. however, we now have condoms/birth control; so now it gets down to wanting to have sex with many. it is interesting because we still do not want our spouses to do the same. we're territorial creatures, denying it is very hard. but it is also necessary. we realize we must make many compromises to get a little bit of what we want.

10. Don't do it buddy. We all have those temptations, desires & innate human needs, but we also have a brain that can overrule all of those things. Use it.

Don't lose her. :smoke:

11. A good girl is hard to find. Think of how shitty you would feel about yourself if you acted on your impulses and spontaneously kissed this other girl....not worth it. Have you ever cheated on her before?

12. its normal. your suppose to pass on your genetics and thats above all, your main goal in life subliminally.

13. #13 DV, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
    Oh OP, I think most people go through this from
    time to time. I honestly think it's just the way things
    are with those certain people. Something you've always
    wanted to do, but never acted on it, and you want that
    same feeling and excitement of something new.

Quite frankly, it's intoxicating, whether it's new or old.

It's a different feeling all together when you're curious of the
    unknown or what could've been...it's like taking that breath of
    fresh air that's just crisp and clean.

I think it's us testing ourselves with tempting thoughts of wanting
    more...not necessarily a replacement, but more connections that
    you may not feel with everyone. It's hard to let those impulse
    feelings go...they stay on your mind.

What gets me through it is, if I feel that the person I'm with belongs
    to me, and we belong together, then that other person belongs to
    someone else they've yet to meet...and that person is not me.

Maybe in another life...or maybe timing wasn't right...it could've been
    a number of things, but am I happy now? Do I see myself being happy
    later? Do I really want to be with them? If the answer to those questions
    are "yes", then there's no reason to dive into the unknown...you already
    have what you're looking for.

You're just being kinda greedy in those "other" moments. :p

14. Beautiful.