I love CA

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by imaB, May 20, 2011.

1. #1 imaB, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
    Prop 215.

Genetics: Snowcap, Casey Jones Super Silver Haze, Original Skunk #1, Romulan, and Blackberry Kush.

Attached Files:

2. Ill save this space for harvest info

3. #3 imaB, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
    Clones transplanted into their plot during the first week of May. The plot resides on an old horse pasture.

Soil: Earth Juice Amazon Bloom, Down to Earth EWC, Down to Earth oyster shell, compost, and native soil.

Attached Files:

4. Looks great man, I love California too! I've had lots of snocap and maybe it's because I smoked so much of it, but I don't like it much, could be me though. Other stuff looks solid!

5. #5 imaB, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    Pictured are Romulan and Snowcap. They've been in the ground about 2 weeks. All the clones survived the crazy rains, hail, and thunderstorms.

Attached Files:

6. Oh wow. I have a feeling this is gonna be special.

You grow some monsters huh. Im sure of it.

Im not great at math but Im pretty sure CA + Horse Pature = Monsters.\

GL.

7. #7 imaB, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    Blackberry Kush (w a ladybug) and Super Silver Haze.

Attached Files:

8. how much space do you have between your plants? Are you going to FIM? I ask because I'm curious for my grow too! Your back yard looks great btw, I'm a tad jealous.

9. #9 imaB, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016

And ima have a shit ton of trim to make a shit ton of cookies. Yesssss.

Spacing is about 4' on center. The holes are about 2' wide and deep w the dirt bowls to help contain water during our hot hot summers. Corn has been planted on the plot too for camouflage.

Im renting the land. It's fairly close to home.

No fimming or training otherwise. I might have to bend or manipulate some of the taller sativa dom plants to help w maintenance later down the road tho. I do heavy training for my indoor grows. But as this is my first outdoor op, I wanted to let the plants do-what-they-do.

Attached Files:

10. Looking fucking awesome! Those guys are bout to grow so fast you wont even realize it. You have a Porsche?!?! Lucky...

11. #11 imaB, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha porsche, I wish. My apartment is barely just bigger than that suv!

Nor cal in the house. Great to see all these cali journals!

12. Blunt: Swisher Sweet, Pineapple Express, hash, and random top-shelf shake.

Me: Carbon-based, warm-blooded, SF Giants fan.

Attached Files:

13. Go Giants! I saw Lincecum pitch during the champ season, I'll never forget it.

14. Right on, a close friend of mine that's medical ( i also live in norcal) let me try some snow cap from the dispensary.. some DAMN fine buds. :D

15. Then whose car? Parental units?

16. The whip was just a random one parked at my gym. But CA all day, indeed!

17. #18 yoctown, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    How about that Giants winning streak. Every game is just too damn close. But our pitching is able to hold it down. To bad we lost against the angels some years ago or we could be sitting on 2 world series titles. The future looks bright though :).

Ok now about growing. Am I crazy or are those plants really close? You may want to dig them up and spread them out before it is to late. I like your line up this year. A couple of those strains are known to be heavy yielders.

Edit: Just read you put them in the first week of may. The roots could have spread a bit by now and I would be scared already of them flowering early and killing more roots wouldn't help IMO. They could be doomed for a stunted period already though they may not. They will reveg even if they flower but they may not get as big as they could have.

18. #19 imaB, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    S.A.G.E.

Tight nugs, frosty light green color w pinkish/light orange hairs.

Smell is skunky and sweet.

Taste is heavy with resin. Not spicy like some, but def resinous.

Effect started strong sativa, but made a quick move to the indica side of things.

Attached Files:

19. #20 imaB, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    Pictured are Casey Jones and Original Skunk #1.

The other pics are of a mysterious leaf issue and the corn sprouting.

I took a leaf sample home to check under the microscope, but no mites were seen. Ill monitor, seek input, and, at the least, apply a light neem spray.

Lastly, the weather has been WHACK for the last few weeks and most of the crop looks like its starting to flower. At this point I have to wait for an abrupt change from Mother Nature.

Attached Files: