I lost my understanding of words for a sec

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jaysir, Aug 6, 2010.

1. I was typing an essay and when i got half way through the word "distraction", it started to look odd. Like it wasn't spelled right or something. When i said the word in my head it sounded so foreign. Then i looked at the essay as a whole and was freaked out because the whole damn thing looked foreign except for words like "the" or "but". I could still read, but the words didn't have any meaning to what I could understand. I chilled out, got up and came back and I was back to normal.

What the hell was that?

im not high. been on a tbreak for about a month now.

2. something similar happened to me but only with one word, forget what it was now though. I kept saying it wrong in my head and could not figure out why I had repeatedly been using it in my essay, then i looked up the definition and was like ooooooh and felt dumb

3. lol i would do that shit all the time not too long ago.some words just look funky and you got to say it a couple times in a sentence to make sure its a real word

4. yea this stuff usually happens with just one word. and with me, its usually the word "the"
    . how do you even define "the"? or "This" or "That"
    lol. i believe I'm kinda sleep deprived at the moment. makes sense.

lol. looking back on 4 pages of what looked like portuguese had me panicking. lol

5. yea i remember the first time i did LSA too. i felt the presence of something that can't be described with words.

6. I once forgot who i was, and spoke a clicking language but thats a story for another forum :(