I like to be alone all the time?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by decemberbuddhist, Apr 20, 2016.

1. I've always been like this but I also get those spurts of worried thoughts like, why do I like to be alone all the time? Like is an understatement. I really enjoy being by myself. Not because I don't have friends, I do, they always hit me up to smoke me up but either I have something to do or I just don't want to see anyone at the time. I do see my friends every other weekend probably. I'm more close to my family for sure. I make sure I talk to them everyday. But other than that, I like being by myself and my own mentality boggles me. You think this is an unhealthy habit I should break out of?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. I think that when you're one who prefers his own company you learn to support yourself, mentally and emotionally. I'm a loner, prefer to be the one in charge of the tv (hubby gets it tho) and just want to do what I want to do. Even in High School when my friends were out partying and going to concerts I was home crocheting or reading. It's come in handy a lot. My husband was in the Air Force for 20 years and gone a lot so I had to learn to be my own support system.

3. I'm the same way. I don't really have friends not because I can't make them but because I prefer to be alone. Or at least just at home chilling with the lady. Don't need to worry about entertaining people. I do go out with friends but it's maybe once every few months but I don't like having people over to my house. I've always been that way even as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Same here I usually like to be alone but I found out I had social anxiety. I hang out with my friends but I enjoy being by myself even when smoking it's more enjoyable to
    Me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Same here

I'm definitely an introvert and I embrace it... It's a large part of my personality

I live alone and it's the greatest feeling knowing you have somewhere you can shut out the world for awhile

Don't be scared to try new things and meet new people but realize that alone time allows for rejuvenation

• Like Like x 2
  6. I also prefer alone time. I'm at work 12 hours a day, and usually my chefs invite me out to drink or hangout, but usually go home.
    Plus I save lots of money going home.

7. Home is safe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Symptom of depression. Don't avoid people

• Like Like x 2
  9. I second that. Having a narcissistic ego I prefer my own shadow as company, but I can only talk to myself so much before loneliness breaks me down mentally and physically. To avoid argumentation and conflict, my pacifist stoner ass is gonna go get lost and burn trees...

• Like Like x 3
  10. True, I had severe social anxiety even when going out with people I talked to on a daily. Once I actually went out I felt like I was satisfied, so weird I think as going out an accomplishment. Screw my anxiety.

11. Does depression also include smiling at the sky when you wake up in the morning and loving yourself to the point of narcissism and probably psychopathy? If so, then yup, that bout sums me up lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes, you can actually love yourself too much. Vanity is a trick you have to master to get past your own image. I'm just such a handsome devil I believe half the devilish shit I do is because, well SATAN made me think it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's a symptom of depression. Does not mean you are depressed. But it's still a symptom.

• Like Like x 1
  14. For a good while I thought I was in love with myself

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tru

• Like Like x 2
  16. Same boat honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not so much anymore but at first it was like that. Sometimes I would be anxious going into work as if I was new.

18. Yeah it comes and goes for me. Some days I'm really bad other days I'm completely normal. But yeah I get what you mean. There was times when even just being around family was hard.

19. I deal with this every day, and have been for along time. (Severe Social Anxiety Disorder is what my doctor called it years ago) If your like me, and you cant change the fact that you like being alone, make sure you are staying creative and active on your own. Make it a positive and you won't completely loose your mind. It's tough, hang in there buddy and peace be with you. I feel ya man.

20. Protecting your mind from external influence is a thing for sure. There was a point in time where i kind of woke up and found myself surrounded by people who i wanted to be surrounded by, unfortunately those people were bad influences on me and i could tell, so rather than deal with them i chose to isolate myself instead. Now, i have much better people influencing me and i enjoy going out with them more often because of it, rather than worrying if some stupid shit is gonna suddenly pop off as it often does.